Offset help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All,
I have a 79 series double cab arriving shortly (pic attached) I don’t like the rims on so will be purchasing some lovely Nomad wheels from California.
The question I have is re. Offset. I just placed an order for 5x Arvos with 0 offset. They have just announced they now have -25 as an option for the same wheel. Should I change my order to -25?
It currently has 317/70R17 Bf a/ts. I really like the stance it has and worried the 0 offset will make it look a little pinched.
Any guidance much appreciated.

4a49c769-1e8c-47a6-b70b-aec4b41e5df1.jpeg

ca13dc54-3cba-4899-8767-d4f75575749d.jpeg

offset is all about rim width, none of us know what you ordered so we cant answer that Q,,, however, you want to be in the 3.5 inch BACKSPACE range no matter your wheel width, hope that helps.

offset is all about rim width, none of us know what you ordered so we cant answer that Q,,, however, you want to be in the 3.5 inch BACKSPACE range no matter your wheel width, hope that helps.
Thanks sorry - 17R

yeah, still dont how wide they are, also is your new rig one of the ones with different front and rear track widths? and do you want to make the front and rear width the same? that is going to require front and rear specific offset wheels like in the 55mm range assuming 8" wide

i'd suggest hold the new wheel order till you get the new truck and can have a look at a few measurements.

yeah, still dont how wide they are, also is your new rig one of the ones with different front and rear track widths? and do you want to make the front and rear width the same? that is going to require front and rear specific offset wheels like in the 55mm range assuming 8" wide

i'd suggest hold the new wheel order till you get the new truck and can have a look at a few measurements.
Sorry Rhino, really appreciate the help. Yes, the rear is like 100mm narrower than the front 😂. Due to logistics I won’t have time to wait and see and need to make a decision now. Attached is a pic of the actual rims on website. They said 0 offset will work for me but that was before they released the new options. I guess I could always use spacers to fine tune the desired look. Thanks again.

IMG_4540.png

i really dont think 0 offset on an 8.5" rim is going to work well, but Nomad should know better than me.

i'd suggest maybe google that elswhere on the year specific to your new ride and see what pops up?

i really dont think 0 offset on an 8.5" rim is going to work well, but Nomad should know better than me.

i'd suggest maybe google that elswhere on the year specific to your new ride and see what pops up?
Ok. Will hopefully catch them on Monday and re think my order.

I don’t think the newer coil sprung 5 lug cruisers use a 3.5” BS.

I don’t know what it is though so I could possibly be wrong. My guess is 4.5” BS

i dont know either, but he says he wants to keep the stance it has, and to me, it looks like 8" wheels with -25mm front and -55mm rear, or -25mm rear with spacers. its a common combo on these track impaired rigs

i'm just throwing my small amount of non owner knowledge gleaned from mostly Australian owners, maybe others with real first hand knowledge will pop in.

Last edited:
i dont know either, but he says he wants to keep the stance it has, and to me, it looks like 8" wheels with -25mm front and -55mm rear, or -25mm rear with spacers. its a common combo on these track impaired rigs

i'm just throwing my small amount of non owner knowledge gleaned from mostly Australian owners, maybe others with real first hand knowledge will pop in.
Thanks very much for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom