Questions on Dobinsons 2" Leaf kit - anti-inversion shackles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CHILLCAT

SILVER Star
Threads
I just got a Dobinsons 2" lift Leaf kit and I am not understanding the difference on the anti-inversion shackles. I reached out to Dobinson's and their answer still left me scratching my head.

They supply 2 pairs of shackles - each pair with a different product code (047 & 048).

I reached out to Dobinsons. They said they are side specific and sent me an info-graphic:

unnamed.png

#048 labeled Right Hand Side & #047 labeled Left hand side ---- But then the description says they "Fit Right & Left as a pair" under each item code.. that seems to suggest they're front/back specific?

Can anyone help me understand the difference between these shackles?

The orientation of the zerks is the difference between left and right pairs. So you do need two pairs, one zerk orientation for the left hand side (front/rear) and another for the right hand (front/rear) side.

Should you need Dobinsons parts in the future, we (Cruiser Outfitters) are a full stocking dealer here in SLC.... AND know what parts fit which model and where.

The orientation of the zerks is the difference between left and right pairs. So you do need two pairs, one zerk orientation for the left hand side (front/rear) and another for the right hand (front/rear) side.

Should you need Dobinsons parts in the future, we (Cruiser Outfitters) are a full stocking dealer here in SLC.... AND know what parts fit which model and where.

Thanks for the quick reply Kurt. I will definitely keep you guys in mind on anything I need (just ordered some stuff from your website a few days ago).

You've always been very helpful and loaded with knowledge. Appreciate everything you do for the cruiser community!

Cheers

Dobinson did pick a confusing way to word it.

You go IMS shocks and buy during the Black Friday sale? Have a set on order as well and was told the shocks (rear I think) are back-ordered until possibly mid-January.

Dobinson did pick a confusing way to word it.

You go IMS shocks and buy during the Black Friday sale? Have a set on order as well and was told the shocks (rear I think) are back-ordered until possibly mid-January.

I did! Yeah, I didn't know the IMS front shocks we're back-ordered until my kit arrived with those crossed out on the BoL. A bit frustrating but I think I can limp along with my stock front shocks.

*I spoke with Dobsinsons this morning and they said they're sorting a new stock order that arrived today, and should be shipping/fulfilling the IMS back-orders sometime next week. That was in reference to my order - i'm unsure if they got enough stock to cover everyone.

Likely our fronts are the same as some other inferior rig and they sold a metric sh1ton during the sale.

Good info. Thank you.
6x and 7x share the same front IMS shocks fwiw.

If anyone get's in a bind on the IMS rear, we have several length/load options here in stock.

6x and 7x share the same front IMS shocks fwiw.

If anyone get's in a bind on the IMS rear, we have several length/load options here in stock.
Didn't intend to offend 60 series people. They're not very inferior. Was jokingly saying like Xterra's or something shared the part number.

Pretty sure it is the fronts that are backordered on my kit too. I woulda ordered it all through Cruiser Outfitters, but was able to grab them locally and not have shipping costs.

B

Didn't intend to offend 60 series people. They're not very inferior. Was jokingly saying like Xterra's or something shared the part number.

Pretty sure it is the fronts that are backordered on my kit too. I woulda ordered it all through Cruiser Outfitters, but was able to grab them locally and not have shipping costs.

B

They do also fit some Nissan applications, doubt they sell too many of those :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom