BFG KM3's Side wall cracking!!!!! What the heck!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I will be replacing it this week... going to have all checked out inside and out. I haven’t even looked on the inside of tire yet. This rig is a billy goat and goes over everything so who knows what happened. Heading to trails up near rubicon in two weeks so definitely need new tires... just bummed. Check your tires!!!

Looks like you hit something. The sidewall has scuff marks all the way around the tire. What are you airing your tires down to offroad?
Depends, but I was on some super steep stuff, loose dirt and rocks. Holcomb valley, 3N17. Overlook into the Lucerne valley from top of Big Bear area. 20-10 PSI.

I will be replacing it this week... going to have all checked out inside and out. I haven’t even looked on the inside of tire yet. This rig is a billy goat and goes over everything so who knows what happened. Heading to trails up near rubicon in two weeks so definitely need new tires... just bummed. Check your tires!!!
Don’t be bummed...it got you home.

Here in the Phoenix Metro area, some Discount tires will not warranty a tire that has been off roaded. SOME. When you read their warranty, it does exclude tires used off road. I personally have not run across this but have had friends who have...

Well... I'm pretty sure this is boilerplate for all offroad tires from them. I couldn't find the RHW description anywhere when I was preparing for a fight last time I had to change one out, but it's listed in the tire description:

Cooper Discoverer STT Pro Treadwear and Warranty
When you're planning an off-road excursion, you want to be confident your tires can take on whatever you throw at them. And if you outfit or upfit your rig with these Discoverer STT Pro tires, you're basically putting some of the toughest rubber out there on the road (or trail).
But if you're looking for confidence that goes beyond any tire's capability, you can always opt to cover your STT Pro tires with Discount Tire's exclusive Certificates.
Our Certificates are the most robust protection available for your tires, and they'll cover your set of Discoverer STT Pros from the parking lot to the trails and back, all the way down to 3/32”. And while these Discoverers are durable enough to withstand some of the harshest terrain and conditions out there, if they do sustain any non-repairable damage we'll provide you with a brand new replacement.
(You can add our Certificate coverage in the cart of your order.)

I have gotten some flack from them in the past, so I have this page bookmarked for next time I have any trouble.

Last edited:
I almost spit out my drink. Thanks Mike.

37A3EFA5-C179-4A2C-BACD-125952E9CAED.png

CDAE8B41-B491-4628-ADAB-5F327878D6DC.png

25ED3797-0B89-4F7E-82C1-3FFE2AA1784A.png

i know this is an old thread but out of curiosity are these made in USA or Thailand BFG's?

a few in Aus are reporting the made in thailand BFG's appear to not be as durable as the USA ones.
I have made in USA on my truck and hope to get another 12 mths out of them.....

Hi, This tire got sliced off roading it. Scott

i know this is an old thread but out of curiosity are these made in USA or Thailand BFG's?

a few in Aus are reporting the made in thailand BFG's appear to not be as durable as the USA ones.
I have made in USA on my truck and hope to get another 12 mths out of them.....
The US market bfg’s are made in the US

All of my mud grapplers did that and I had to toss them. They did have decent mileage on them.

The issue was that I was running 37-13.5R17 tires on stock fj cruiser wheels (like 7-8" wide) and the tires were designed for a wider wheel.

Every single one developed cracks like that and one started leaking through it.

Check your tire width and what width wheel its rated for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom