BFG AT vrs Bridgestone Revo (1 Viewer)

If you had to pick...

• BF Goodrich All Terrian

Votes: 34 50.7%
  • Bridgestone Revo

Votes: 33 49.3%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
If you had to choose a tire for both on-road and off-road between the above two.

It would also be nice to hear what you choose and why.

Last edited:
Revo 285s- better on-road, comparable to BFG AT off-road. This is the size with the D load rating, which I've heard is quite a bit tougher than the smaller Revos.

Never used the Bridgstone but Ive had 3 sets of BFG at and one of MT. I like them because they have triple sidewall protection and ive run them down to psi w/o blowing a bead...

I've gotton really good mileage out of the bridgestones I've had on different vehicles. And the REVO's are supposed to be pretty agressive in the mud for an AT.

I went with the BFG simply because I believe the sidewalls are more puncture resistant. I spend a lot of time in the thorns in South Texas (well, my wife thinks I spend a lot of time in the thorns...I think I should spend just a little more time in the thorns...).

While I don't have my cruiser just yet, I have run several sets of BFG AT's on my 4Runners. Can't comment on the Revo's but I've never had any problems with BFG's.

I have had three sets of regular BFG AT's and one set of the BFG AT KO's and now am running REVO's (285/75-16) I can say with some confidence that the REVOS totally blow away the BFG's on road and are as good or better off road with one possible exception which is sidewall strength. As some of you know, I managed to severely slash my sidewall on one of my REVO's at slaughterhouse gulch. I hit a really razor sharp rock that was partially buried and it slashed my sidewall. Now, I have no way of knowing if a BFG AT KO would have slashed the sidewall on the same rock but I do know that in all the years I ran BFG's (about ten years) I never had a slashed sidewall or even a flat for that matter. Not sure how to interpret that so I'm gonna run the revos as hard as I want and see what happens. Hope that helps. :cheers:

I have the BFgs on both the 40 and LX450. I like them. Haven't run Revo's so I can't give you a comparison.

The Revo's seem to drive water off of the road in the rain somewhat better than the BFG's. On trail, the BGD AT's and Revos seem similar. On the road, the Revos seem to give a bit more of a comfortable ride, maybe not quite as "stiff". Had no experience either way on sidewall punctures.

I've had both and if I had to choose today, I'd get the Revos except that they don't come in anything larger than 33's.

IMHO, the BFG's wear like iron and ride like concrete.

You'll get at least 70K spine-jarring miles out of them. :D

My next set of tires will be Revo's, but that won't be until 2009 when my BFGs wear out.

Let's see, I have had 6 sets of BFG 285 ATs, 3 sets of 285 AT KOs (including the current ones), and one set of 315 AT KOs....on 7 Cruisers. I have never had a set of Revos. I have never blown a bead, never slashed a sidewall, never had one problem with BFGs. They do ride stiff, but hey, its a truck.

I've run the BFG ATs in the past and have been fairly satisfied with them. I did have one blow out at highway speed -- it completely shredded.

I was VERY impressed with the performance of the Revos I saw on a couple rigs at Cruise Moab 05 -- very good traction on some steep slick rock.

I personally run GY MTRs now -- I think they work well for on and off road.

On my sixth or seventh set of BFG At's and also have my first set of Revo's on the 4runner. I think the Revos are quieter than the BFG's on road. I also think the Revo tread is a better design for wet and slushy roads than the BFG. The once I had the Revos in mud they slung pretty well. Probably have 20K plus and they have worn well.

I like the stronger sidewall on the BFG (P rated Revos :princess: ). I like the BFGs for having a more aggressive tread on the outer edge of the print, the Revos are relativly square and smooth on the outer edges and open up in the center. I like the wear I've gotten out of previous sets of BFGs.

With more time on-road and no or few pointy rocks I would get the Revos, the more pointy rock and more time off-road I would do the BFG.

I have the 33X9.5 BFG AT's on my Bronco and they have barely worn in 40,000 miles. I still have over 1/2 tread left on them. I have the Revos on my 97 Cruiser and love them too. They are great on the road and deal with water much better than the BFG's. I actually think the Revos do a little better in the mud than the BFG's. Both tires gum up pretty fast which can be expected from an AT but the Revos tread pattern seems to clean out faster. All in all I am very happy with about 10,000 miles on the Revos. If I get 40,000 out of the tire I will definately buy them again.

LCL said:
can anyone speak to the difference between their performance in snow?

Yes, the REVOS, IMO are much much much better in snow even at much higher pressures. I really think the REVOS are better all around again with the possible exception of sidewall strength. I guess this would be the best place to ask if anyone else has slashed the sidewall on their REVO. I'm still thinking my slash was a fluke but since that came within three months of getting the REVOS and since in over ten years no problems with the BFG's, its on my mind. Thanks.

I've slashed the sidewall on two Revos. These were the P rated size, so I can't comment on the LT versions. Once was in Death Valley a few months ago and then last week on the White Rim Trail in Canyonlands, Utah. Both times I'm not sure which rock was the culprit.

Now I'm faced with the dilemma - do I replace the slashed Revo again (I'll have two practically new tires and two in very good shape) or do I buy 5 new LT rated tires and move from 31"'s to 33"s? I just bought a replacement for the one I tore in Death Valley.

I must say the new Goodyear Wrangler SilentArmor tires sound good from their marketing (Steel and Kevlar belts and a tough sidewall):
http://www.goodyearwrangler.com
But I'd like some real user feedback before I take the plunge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom