beware of @JDMStanNtopSoft (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well that is not good…. However I did receive communication that the top is headed to customs. We’ll see
Yes it is indeed :)
We had 6 orders. They're at customs and the shipping process will be initiated soon. Have conveyed this to all the buyers. The delay has affected business. But the product is better now

I guess I will take this opportunity to say the altimeter pod I got from him turned out to be complete junk and useless as far the internals of it goes. I get buying used parts is a risk but this thing is more trash worthy rather than used part. I haven't even tried to resolve the issue anymore at this point.
Don't worry I'll send you a replacement as soon as I get one.

I ordered a steering wheel in “factory oak/brown” on June 4, 2022. I only received minimal communication after the sale, and some
PM’s requesting updates went unanswered. Originally quoted 2-3 weeks for arrival but did not get it until much much later, but it did arrive. Now after a very short period of time after mounting the steering wheel, is has completely reverted back to the factory gray color after clearly being dyed. I have not cleaned or even got the steering wheel wet at all. No touching other than mounting it bc my 100 has sat bc of gas prices lately as it is not my DD. I mean…this has been all around sketchy, for an almost $400 steering wheel.

View attachment 3138796

This is gray. Also shared this photo with you, so that you know the difference.

IMG-20220222-WA0019 (1).jpg

This is gray. Also shared this photo with you, so that you know the difference.

View attachment 3143754
not sure what color you think this is, but I can assure you, IT IS GREY!

In 20 years of ownership and heavy handed usage, the other one is still very brown and hasn’t faded once…yet strangely after a couple weeks, this “brown” FADES mysteriously into grey….

Yeah OK BRUH

1666118549650.png

any update on shipping on these tops?

Update, just received my soft top via UPS, will update when opened and installed.

Update, just received my soft top via UPS, will update when opened and installed.
Did you ever get your top installed?

We ordered one for a customers HZJ73. We are missing multiple frame pieces. Have tried reaching out on Mud and email multiple times with no response back. @JDMStanNTopSoft

I did install it last fall. I had all sorts of problems with it. About every piece had to be modified.

I posted pics of some of what i did.... starting here...on page 46

What pieces are you missing?

My steering wheel from JDMStan did the same thing-it was oak/tan and looked like a new one when I received it but now it has turned to grey? Well not really grey but the oak/tan color has faded away,it matched the airbag when I installed it about a year ago.
IMG_3654.jpeg
IMG_3655.jpeg

Did you ever get your top installed?

We ordered one for a customers HZJ73. We are missing multiple frame pieces. Have tried reaching out on Mud and email multiple times with no response back. @JDMStanNTopSoft

Hello Cole,

We reviewed the photos you sent. No hardware pieces are missing. we sent 10 pieces, and your photos show the 10 pieces. You are most likely installing in incorrectly. I’ll message you a number of a colleague who can guide you with installation.

I did install it last fall. I had all sorts of problems with it. About every piece had to be modified.

I posted pics of some of what i did.... starting here...on page 46

What pieces are you missing?

Have shipped a lot of these to the US and Europe. Very few (not saying no one) had issues installing these. We had a JDM spec vehicle at our disposal. We used it to fabricate the entire hardware on it. The same dimensions have been used for all the hardware and soft top we have manufactured. The entire process is handmade, so maybe there are slight variations… Jason was our first customer, and @FJBen is our unofficial brand ambassador with his gorgeous photos ! 😎

Hello Cole,

We reviewed the photos you sent. No hardware pieces are missing. we sent 10 pieces, and your photos show the 10 pieces. You are most likely installing in incorrectly. I’ll message you a number of a colleague who can guide you with installation.
It’s disappointing that it took you 36 days to respond to my emails/Mud messages to get this resolved and you provide zero instructions for the installation of your soft top. For the price you charge, the customer service is severely lacking.

I'm looking at this from the cheap seats. But for the life of me I can't figure out how folks toss their money on the other side of the world
for used parts and are shocked and appalled to get very little support with a problem. I just don't get it.
:beer: ✌️

My steering wheel from JDMStan did the same thing-it was oak/tan and looked like a new one when I received it but now it has turned to grey? Well not really grey but the oak/tan color has faded away,it matched the airbag when I installed it about a year ago.
View attachment 3584362View attachment 3584363

View attachment 3584362View attachment 3584363
Stan says it's my airbag that's faded not the steering wheel? Does anyone else think the airbag looks faded in this picture?

Stan says it's my airbag that's faded not the steering wheel? Does anyone else think the airbag looks faded in this picture?

In the picture, the airbag seems very close to the dash color, which looks like the original OEM color. Outside of the wood area, the steering wheel looks closer to a "vomit" or "baby poop" color.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom