Best way to find a 40? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking into getting a semi-project 40. Wanting to pay around $2500 for one. Whats the best way to find one, or maybe where is the best place to look? Besides the For sale section on MUD, ebay or autotrader are there any other places people post up 40's?
Thanks.

Really, the best way is just to keep your eyes peeled, everywhere. Check you newspapers, recyclers, truck traders, etc. A good deal doesn't last more that 2 or 3 hours once it is published. You can also approach people that have non-running ones laying around, but usually they do not part with them. Most internet transactions for vehicles are hit and miss, so good luck.

Where are you located?

Phil

snailwagon said:
Really, the best way is just to keep your eyes peeled, everywhere. Check you newspapers, recyclers, truck traders, etc. A good deal doesn't last more that 2 or 3 hours once it is published. You can also approach people that have non-running ones laying around, but usually they do not part with them. Most internet transactions for vehicles are hit and miss, so good luck.

and look for lines of oil drips...

Craigslist, local paper, crusiersolutions.com, pirate4x4, sor.com, cars.com, coolcrusiers.com are are few I look at. Not sure but from what I've seen it takes at least $5,000 to get one unrestored but drivable with minumal rust. $2,500 will get you a basketcase you can drag home. :crybaby:

pjohnson said:
Where are you located?

Phil

Orlando,FL...Willing to go the distance for the right one, my wife and I like to travel, wouldn't mind finding a reliable one and driving it home. Is that expecting to much out of $5,000 or less 40?

Oh yeah, what are the odds of finding a driveable 45 at that price range? Are those more rare?

Once you start looking, they are in a lot more places than you'd think...
This one is in Wilson, WY as are the others. IDave has had some dealings with this guy and got a really nice 45 from him. PM me if you want his #. I have affiliation with him.
GL

Ed
McCall 003.jpg
McCall 001.jpg
McCall 006.jpg

45 Removale top?

Which 45's come with removable tops? Is it just the LWB modesl 45 L? or the SWB's as well?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom