bEST TOOL MADE SINCE THE WELDER (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RFB

97 FZJ80 LIFTED SC DUAL BATTERIES,37s
Threads
Website
www.youtube.com

That tool does come in handy.

Used it to secure glass clamps on a rail I built some time back.
IMG_1169.JPG

Pretty flush when installed.
IMG_1170.JPG

Clamps installed.
IMG_1206.JPG

Installed with glass panels.
IMG_1215.JPG

IMG_0372.JPG

Not a tool used too often but certainly handy.

nice job on that glass fixture for sure. Way above my pay grade.

As to "second best after a welder" ... ? Not really IMO. Useful, yes. Maybe better for some very specific situations. (Although you can install the nutserts without a dedicated tool as well.) But the question in my mind is always how strong are the installed nutserts. Good enough for holding something in place to look at? Probably. Good enough to hold something securely that you don't want to fly off and maybe kill somebody? I would not take the chance. Judgement call, of course. But I would not sell those as a replacement for structural fastening.

nice job on that glass fixture for sure. Way above my pay grade.

As to "second best after a welder" ... ? Not really IMO. Useful, yes. Maybe better for some very specific situations. (Although you can install the nutserts without a dedicated tool as well.) But the question in my mind is always how strong are the installed nutserts. Good enough for holding something in place to look at? Probably. Good enough to hold something securely that you don't want to fly off and maybe kill somebody? I would not take the chance. Judgement call, of course. But I would not sell those as a replacement for structural fastening.
Second place to a welder because you can bolt and unbolt, and I would NEVER use a nutsert for anything that had enough weight to fly off and kill anything.

I’ve done a few jobs using nutserts, and they came out very nice, but I’d give it away in a second before my cordless impact gun.

Last edited:
I’ve done a few jobs using nutserts, and they came out very nice, but I’d give it away in a second before my cordless impact gun.

I was just thinking the same thing. Most useful tool ever.

I have used nutserts extensively at an old job of mine, but we used a pneumatic gun with a threaded tip to spin them into the metal and set the insert. Is this just a manual version or does it work differerentaly from the pneumatic gun I have used before. Marson Spin/Spin Rivet-Nut Tool 3,000 RPM SST-1

Second place to a welder because you can bolt and unbolt, and I would NEVER use a nutsert for anything that had enough weight to fly off and kill anything.

I use RivNuts, which I think fall along the same line as the OP's nutserts. Mine were used to install the aux fuel tank in the back of the 80, so figure on 15 gallons of petrol + fuel tank = 166 lbs / 4 = 44 lbs per RivNut. This was done back in 2003 and everything is still hunky dory with many miles of rough driving.

If installed properly, they work well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom