Aluminium tool box design (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ive had enough of my stupid plastic tool boxes i keep in my vehicles . First i taught ill invest in some better quality tool storage systems , but i found nothing i like. keeping in mind i want tool boxs i can easily move between different vehicles, Ive mucked around with draw systems but don't really like them. So being a sheet metal worker, i came up with my own design. My idea is to build 2 boxs with steps folded in to the ends, which work as handles but also surfaces for 2 tool trays to rest on (copying my old plastic tool box). bellow this i will have 2 angles welded to the inside of the box to support 2 ally boxs with lids and small partitions to store small parts (nuts bolts electrical bulls*it). But still having the depth below this to store all my de walt gear. the other of these 2 boxs probably wont have the 2 lided boxs , to save space and depth for storing bottles of oil and much bigger tools. I will buy a sheet of 2mm aluminium and build all of this, and post pictures.

DSCN3859.JPG

DSCN3860.JPG

I'm sh*t at explaining things, this will all make sense after Ive built them and you've seen pictures. Hopefully ill get around to it in a month or so

Cheers

I'm excited to see your finished product. My favorite truck tool box I have seen is the Montezuma boxes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom