best source / pricing for OEM F/R driveshafts these days ? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking to finish off the driveline - slight vibration in the front one currently.

Thanks !

Tom Woods. Rave reviews. Fast shipping and great dudes to work with.
I got my front DC driveshaft to Hawaii in about a week.

Just picked up a new rear from the dealer for $351, they have a wholesale link online. Once registered all the pricing seems about as good as anywhere online, and you can select counter pickup so no shipping costs

Sounds like you've got a better deal with the local dealers there than I do here in Australia. A local dealer here quoted me somewhere in the region of $2K for the front prop shaft on my (part time) 80 series. I ended up ordering both the front and rear through Partsouq and paying half that with delivery. It's inconsistent though, because OEM radiator and front/rear rotors were cheaper for me to source locally.

My local dealer wanted retail also about $509 for me to drive an hour and a half to come pick it up. I found Sparks toyota out of Myrtle beach SC on here while searching and they were quite a bit cheaper even after shipping half way across the country was about $100 cheaper.

Looking to finish off the driveline - slight vibration in the front one currently.

Thanks !
Have you switched out ujoints yet. That usually fixes the vibration

Not everything is cheaper on partsouq or amayama. I know the front driveshaft was not cheaper than it was from a stateside dealer with a good deal. $350 vs $411 and if that dealer is within driving distance you’re not paying shipping. If you have the time you can buy easy to find parts like this by just looking. It’s the more obscure, hard to find, good replacements that aren’t OEM or parts for models unavailable in the US where it gets tricky and then you’re better off paying for the knowledge and service of a good parts guy.

Just picked up a new rear from the dealer for $351, they have a wholesale link online.
What dealer was that? Just curious. My local dealer charges double MSRP. So, I only go local if it's something like a nut or bolt that bounced into the 8th dimension.

What dealer was that? Just curious. My local dealer charges double MSRP. So, I only go local if it's something like a nut or bolt that bounced into the 8th dimension.
AutoNation actually, I don‘t remember how I stumbled upon the wholesale link off there website but it’s the real deal. I work a couple of miles from there Toyota dealership so it super convenient to swing by and pick up parts.

Got a brand new complete rear driveshaft from my local dealership for about $350. It's $500+ list, but they had it discounted on the website (they also have a TLCA discount). Stevinson Toyota West.

Another option is to buy used shafts from someone parting out an 80. You can have them re-tubed for a couple hundred bucks with thicker, stronger tubing. Keep your stock shafts as trail spares. Check out the classified section.

I had mild vibration up front after installing a 3” lift, which went away after installing a Tom Woods double cardan. I went ahead and ordered a rear shaft from them as well to compensate for the lift. The Tom Woods shaft have a couple trips on them. No complaints. Happy customer.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom