Best ride quality lift kit for 60/62? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

do you think the low leaf doesn't give problems in the mud and on the rocks? isn't that too low?

screen-21.38.25[16.11.2022].png

do you think the low leaf doesn't give problems in the mud and on the rocks? isn't that too low?

View attachment 3169883
Parabolic springs can get hung up on things, but that's something you just have to be careful off when using that type of spring. You'll also have to clean them out well after you go through any serious mud

Wow surprised those are not already on the leaf pack! Curious if this is like this on all kits or just yours.

I was leaning towards the Dobinsons, but thinking a one stop shop with Cruiser Outfitters and OME might be the easiest route.

Cruiser Outfitters is and has been a Dobinsons stocking dealer (and can get anything else) for many years too. Shocks in particular we stock for most 4x/5x/6x/8x/10x/200/GX/LX applications. Email for info: info@cruiseroutfitters.com :cool:

Cruiser Outfitters is and has been a Dobinsons stocking dealer (and can get anything else) for many years too. Shocks in particular we stock for most 4x/5x/6x/8x/10x/200/GX/LX applications. Email for info: info@cruiseroutfitters.com :cool:

Would you happen to know Dobinsons' polyurethane bushing durometer scale measure for their FJ60 kits? Is this something Dobinsons could provide you if asked? I understand Terrain Tamer's is 85 and I was wondering if Dobinsons' was similar or less hard. Thank you for any details you might be able to help with.

@wngrog do you think the 4plus ubolt flip kit would enhance the already awesome Dobinsons FJ60 kits?

The Dobinsons rear shock offerings for the 60 are too long to soak up that extra 3” of clearance. It kills your uptravel.

I finally got around to replacing my OME shocks that were installed with the lift about 12 years ago. I put in the Dobinsons and they really do feel different. Granted they were replacing 12 year old shocks but they are very smooth and take bumps really well. I kept the OME leaf springs for now as I was going to see how it felt with them (going to switch out the OME bushings at least). Really glad for the purchase and it makes driving the 62 so much more enjoyable in my opinion. Before it was really harsh going over bumps.

I have been driving around more on it and it is really a completely different experience. I will never go back to OME. A much better ride quality. The shocks weighed almost twice as much as the OME ones I took off. They are the real deal. I will also eventually update the leaf packs with Dobinsons.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom