Best ride quality lift kit for 60/62? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

True facts. We've been pushing Dobinson hard. Their stuff is made in Japan and I've had found their quality is better - shackles are thicker, stronger and have zerk fitting protection and their leafs don't start to pop after 5000 miles. They ride softer as well, it feels more progressive compared to OMEs stiffness.

(they are not paying to say this, I actually make a better markup selling OME. But I got sick of opening packages with completely wrong products - this happened twice this month with OME. A pack of shackles with nuts that had no threads, and two 60 series snorkels with 100% the wrong brackets included)

What Dobinsons components are made in Japan? @crikeymike can you chime in there?

Blake, we'd be happy to help you with a suspension. We stock the full lineup of Old Man Emu components (keep in mind there are 9 front spring variants and 18 rear variants for the 6x) as well as all of the shocks. We also do Dobinsons too. We don't stock as much of there 6x stuff but we can get it on a regular stock order as needed.

Screen Shot 2020-02-11 at 9.35.05 AM.png

What is country of manufacture for Dobinsons?

Coils and leafs come out of Australia, I believe most of their shocks are China and their small parts (shackles/u-bolts/bushings) are a mix of Aus, China and I believe Korea. It's been a decade since I last visited their facility in Australia so things may have changed on that front. Pretty standard for most of the Australia manufactures, Dobinson and OME do more in Australia than most (OME shocks are mostly Aus for example but springs are not). The key is a vetted products and customer support before/after the sale. That said I'd love to find an affordable Japanese made shock/spring solution... but Dobinson isn't it :D

I would like to continue this topic, I have the same requests as "cruisergear",
Lift of 2.5in to 3in. Or thereabouts.
Cleanly fitting 33x10.5 tires MT for offroad use
Can support a rear bumper with tire carrier, and front bumper with winch.
Many use OME, but I'd like to have information for Terrain Tamer.
If so, could someone give me the leaf spring codes?
Currently I mount Terrain Tamer front shock absorbers TGS12540, rear TGS2576B. Will they be okay or do I need to replace them?
With stock springs and Terrain Tamer shock absorbers, it is very comfortable, but the springs are flat and I have little travel in compression especially in front.
Thank you

It’s more about the shocks than the springs. Pick the right springs for your load needs and then get a set of bilsteins.

Take a look at my post below if you want to know what I’ve got.

Can confirm that @HemiAlex's setup is extremely smooth & comfortable.

@wngrog also is getting me convinced that Dobinson's makes the best off-the-rack kit for the 60 platform.

When I lifted the truck in 2016, ome were the only springs out there. The fronts have gone flat but ride great, and the rears still work really well. I’ve got 75,000 miles on the 005 and bilstein combination.

I’d love to go ahead and put all dobinsons on the truck.

The ome shocks are terrible. I’d never use them.

I am looking for something else as well. I have OME lift and shocks on my vehicle since 2011 and every bump is harsh and shakes the entire rig. The shocks need to be updated at this point.

I had read the topic, the problem is that Bilstein is not imported here in Hungary.
What I can find is OME, Terrain Tamer and Rancho and something else.

the IMS shocks as an option with Dobinsons seem to be good from the reviews here recently.

IMS Dobinsons all the way
what part numbner for the dobinsons do you use? //// nevermind saw post above. I was wondering if I could just get the shocks and if it works with the OME leaf springs.

Last edited:
what part numbner for the dobinsons do you use? //// nevermind saw post above. I was wondering if I could just get the shocks and if it works with the OME leaf springs.
Yes. They work with OEM. Great upgrade.

Anyone have experience with Hell Creek suspension kits? Seems like a good price point and made in the USA (at least the springs are).

Anyone have experience with Hell Creek suspension kits? Seems like a good price point and made in the USA (at least the springs are).

They are the same design as Rough Country. A few highly arched heavy springs.

I would place them at the bottom of the barrel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom