Best Rebuild Kit (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

not myself. although I've helped numerous guys and garages with electrical / electronics parts of a swap and tuning the swaps for performances (kind of RB28DETT, and 2JZ-GTE performance wise)

Save me the "go search" post.... Have you? The threads out there are so filled with crap its painful to try to find definitive answers.

I need to buy a rebuild kit for my 1FZ-FE. I have all of the gaskets what I need is pistons and rings that are .5mm overbored, new rod bearings, new main bearings, new timing chain, tensioner ect.

I have found several sites and researched has shown some info on them.

This kit seems ok
4.5L 1FZ-FE 1993-1997 Land Cruiser Master Rebuild Kit

But I don't need all of the gaskets.

This one also has gaskets
Toyota 4.5L 1FZFE Engine Kit Landcruiser

Or this one? Seems customizable, but IDK if anyone has experience with them.
Toyota, 4.5L, 1FZFE, Land Cruiser, 24V DOHC, 93-97, Engine Rebuild Kits

I'm tired of searching, tired of reading useless post... Please cue me into the best most $$$ effective way to get what I need. Thanks
@SmokingRocks I know it’s been a minute since your rebuild..,but how did it turn out? I’m finally going to rebuild my ‘94 1fz and curious what kits/parts you used and why.

@SmokingRocks I know it’s been a minute since your rebuild..,but how did it turn out? I’m finally going to rebuild my ‘94 1fz and curious what kits/parts you used and why.

Thanks for checking back in, I went with the LCE kit + OEM gaskets and supporting components with APR head studs. 60,000 miles on the rebuild (most at full throttle since I live in CO and go over the passes all the time) and it's stronger than ever. See my recent 0-60 update: 0-60 times

Reviving an old thread, who is our parts vendor now here for the 80's? Things have changed since this thread was penned and CDan and Onur aren't selling parts anymore.
I'm pricing out a full rebuild for a friend and would like to get a deal on the parts.

Thanks guys.

Reviving an old thread, who is our parts vendor now here for the 80's? Things have changed since this thread was penned and CDan and Onur aren't selling parts anymore.
I'm pricing out a full rebuild for a friend and would like to get a deal on the parts.

Thanks guys.
I don’t think there is a replacement for those two. I do my own shopping around and find partsouq is usually the best. If they don’t stock it, then I seek Wholesale Toyota, EB Toyota, and go from there.

So there are a handful of good threads out there regarding the 04112-66036 Head Rebuild Kit and the 04111-66036 Engine Rebuild Kit, however, I haven't seen a comprehensive list of the items included in the 04111-66036 kit. I know it contains everything the 04112-66036 kit has plus more but whenever people asked in the threads there was just a photo thrown out there and they were told it has everything shown. This is a crap response IMO, I'd like to fully list out what's in the 04111-66036 FULL Kit so I can make sure I get what I need to compliment it.

I've made a Google Doc here: 1FZ-FE OEM Rebuild Kit Comparison that's open source for anyone to modify, perhaps we can clear up the confusion. There's plenty on this list I know isn't included, I'm building a cost estimate to do a complete refresh on a buddy's 80 series so there's a lot more there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom