Best rear main seal and best pan gasket (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What is the best rear main seal and best pan gasket? It is time to get the bed pan out from under Miss Scarlet.

Both available new from Toyota
Thanks I was thinking about going OEM. I was wondering if the pan gasket was still cork like the old days.

I've had both the aftermarket one-piece pan gasket (SOR), and the OEM pan gasket, and there is a noticeable difference. The OEM is considerably thicker and better glued together at the four joints. I would never go back to the aftermarket. If you haven't done an oil pan gasket yet, read the FAQ section written by @Poser.

I've had both the aftermarket one-piece pan gasket (SOR), and the OEM pan gasket, and there is a noticeable difference. The OEM is considerably thicker and better glued together at the four joints. I would never go back to the aftermarket. If you haven't done an oil pan gasket yet, read the FAQ section written by @Poser.
Thanks for the good information.

What @Skeet and @AntFarm said. Accept no substitutes; follow @Poser 's instructions, and do not over torque the oil pan bolts. The spec is 90 inch-pounds, IIRC

I installed OEM dry three years ago, no runs or drips here.

Felpro snap-ups make the oil pan gasket job significantly easier. Get 3 4 packs. Also helps to have a couple m6 bolts just a little longer than the pan bolts to get the pan cinched up. Definitely use the oem pan gasket and rear main seal.

Make sure you clean the old gasket and sealant out of the corners really well. And pound out the dents from any previous over-torquing to ensure a flat surface at the bolt holes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom