Best price for tires

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by Cruisin' Becky, Aug 11, 2005.

1. Cruisin' Becky

Cruisin' Becky

What's the best prices for tires or the best place to get the Michelins? Should I order them?

Last edited: Aug 11, 2005
  2. alaskacruiser

alaskacruiser

3. otis22

otis22

4. NorCalDoug

NorCalDoug problems solved daily...

I like America's Tire Co -- they're also called Discount Tire Co in most other states -- www.tires.com

The gripe I have against Costco (and it's one of the few gripes I have about the store) is that they will not mount tires larger than OEM size on your vehicle. Just something to keep in mind...

5. reffug

reffug

Oh let me count the ways.......................... :rolleyes:

6. NorCalDoug

NorCalDoug problems solved daily...

Sounds like you need to start a thread Mr. Costco hater :D

7. ginericLC

ginericLC Wagon Wheeler! SILVER Star

If you were closer I have some really really good ones I'd sell you cheap. I couldn't wear the darn things out and I wanted to upsize. It didn't help that they were new when I bought the rig. I was hoping to get $75 out of the whole lot of 5 at our garage sale this weekend. Shipping would make any good deal not so good I imagine.

Sears is also competitive on the LTXs.

I used to love Costco until those bastards quite mounting anything above a 33. The H2 owners can't even get their stock tires mount now due to their new stinking policy. Ours will mount them but they won't put them on the vehicle. And they won't let you take them in one at a time in the parking lot.

8. Cruisin' Becky

Cruisin' Becky

Yeah, I've been looking for a good tire for a long time. It's just amazing how everyone is knowledgable about the 80 but me! :D

9. NovaFZJ80

NovaFZJ80

Sams Club or Costco is where i find the deals for my tires....Sears they Price Match the internet prices, but add the shipping onto the final costs...but their mount/balance is something like $20 if the tires are not from Sears...so the savings is gone/nill....

10. firetruck41

firetruck41

I also found them to have the best prices usually, and they will match the specials from Costco, so it's the best of both worlds :D . Also the local America's Tire has a Hunter GSP9700 which is the best machine for dynamically balancing a tire, and of course they offer free lifetime balance/rotation, etc.

11. SWCruiser

SWCruiser

Media:
    LTX's in NY

Becky,
    I have some LTX's with ~10K on them and am looking to go bigger. I am currently in NY but have been considering a trip to VA.

chris

12. Trunk Monkey

Trunk Monkey Moderator

Must be store by store or the choice of the employee. I got my 285 BFG ATs at Costco last year. I was going to go with 315s, but it would have taken too long to order them in. But they didn't balk at the 315s either. Maybe it's just with the Lexus. :flipoff2:

If you're looking at Michelins, Costco runs a $50 coupon off 4 Mich tires a couple times a year.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.