Best Mods under $50... (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi guys,

Im looking to do the lights on buzzer to my HJ61- I love that idea ! I'm just wondering, it's an import so has the 24V system. Would that cause any issue ?

Im from Perth, is there any west ozzie's here that have done this little mod ? Not sure where to get the buzzer from. Im thinking either Jaycar or ebay.

Also, I assume it's safe, but is there any chance of causing issue's with fuse's by connecting the little buzzer in the fuse box ?

Cheers !!

Hi guys, Im looking to do the lights on buzzer to my HJ61- I love that idea ! I'm just wondering, it's an import so has the 24V system. Would that cause any issue ? Im from Perth, is there any west ozzie's here that have done this little mod ? Not sure where to get the buzzer from. Im thinking either Jaycar or ebay. Also, I assume it's safe, but is there any chance of causing issue's with fuse's by connecting the little buzzer in the fuse box ? Cheers !!

I don't think you shod have a problem. Just get a 24V buzzer from your local electronics store.

You shouldn't have issues with the fuses. That's how I have in mine.

So i've just picked up a 24V buzzer, and i'm looking at m blade fuses. I'll be the first to admin that when it comes to electronics i'm a slow learner.

Can anyone tell me which fuse spots I should use to wire in the buzzer ? I don't seem to have the "gauge" fuse. Here is my fuse diagram:

Cheers !

So i've just picked up a 24V buzzer, and i'm looking at m blade fuses. I'll be the first to admin that when it comes to electronics i'm a slow learner.

Can anyone tell me which fuse spots I should use to wire in the buzzer ? I don't seem to have the "gauge" fuse. Here is my fuse diagram:
[URL="https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-RHwuCUZdAgc/UlZQfbAOIcI/AAAAAAAABJQ/MvqMPNln35Q/w800-h339-no/2013-10-10+14.22.43.jpg"] [/URL]

Cheers !

my guess would be the "Glow" fuse

The Poor Persons Keyless Entry.

Ran I to this while researching Bosch relays for fog lights. See pics.

Full manual can be found here

http://www.dlcparts.com/images/BoschGuide.pdf

image-2440914543.jpg

image-3095432079.jpg

image-2303956847.jpg

Hi guys,

Im looking to do the lights on buzzer to my HJ61- I love that idea ! I'm just wondering, it's an import so has the 24V system. Would that cause any issue ?

Im from Perth, is there any west ozzie's here that have done this little mod ? Not sure where to get the buzzer from. Im thinking either Jaycar or ebay.

Also, I assume it's safe, but is there any chance of causing issue's with fuse's by connecting the little buzzer in the fuse box ?

Cheers !!

Hi Francinoman

My euro HJ61 has a stock buzzer, but it only works when the lights are on and the key is all the way turned to the left, which means I need to press that release button on the top. It's part number 85969-90A00 (RELAY, LIGHT REMINDER). If you can't find a buzzer, you might consider a bulb placed in the dash or somewhere where you'd look. It would work the same way as the buzzer and 24v bulbs are easy to find.

Got my aisin axel lockers black anodized while I was rebuilding the knuckles. This will last longer than paint. If I were to do another set I would polish the aluminum first the anodize them.

image-3191842762.jpg

image-3191842762.jpg

Got my aisin axel lockers black anodized while I was rebuilding the knuckles. This will last longer than paint. If I were to do another set I would polish the aluminum first the anodize them.

View attachment 823574

Neat! I've been curious to try anodizing stuff at home, just for the sake of learning about it. Those hub covers and knobs are a prime candidate to experiment on.

Did you just lightly sand the raised text and arrows afterward to make them stand out?

^^^ Full write-up please... I remember trying to anodize my paintball marker bodies and barrels when I was in high school but the work was tedious and never came out right for us so we dropped it after a few tries.

Are you going to do those cap screws and hub stud cap nuts too?

Oh yeah, lipstick on a pig. Is what I saw when I put it together. If I have any extra money. Haha. It all started with the master clutch going bad then I replaced the slavecylindrr. Then tore off the master brake cylinder then front and rear brake pads, went into rear cylinders, oil pan gasket, desmogged, and complete knuckle rebuild, and new shock absorbers. So, The weekend project turned into a couple weeks.

Oh yeah, lipstick on a pig. Is what I saw when I put it together. If I have any extra money. Haha. It all started with the master clutch going bad then I replaced the slavecylindrr. Then tore off the master brake cylinder then front and rear brake pads, went into rear cylinders, oil pan gasket, desmogged, and complete knuckle rebuild, and new shock absorbers. So, The weekend project turned into a couple weeks.

At my house it takes a couple months just to get a "one afternoon" project done :rolleyes:

my guess would be the "Glow" fuse

Actually a related question...how the heck do you guys get at the wires behind the fuses in order to connect this thing? I would like to take the blade out and splice another wire in. Don't tell me you guys just cut the wire and join something to it?:lol:

So I've seen the post for putting a zip tie on the gas cap. Worked good. My zip tie broke the other day and then I realized this:

We are all silly. Toyota beat us to it!

image-3738161612.jpg

image-2316275204.jpg

image-3738161612.jpg

image-2316275204.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom