Bent Leaf Spring Leaves (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All,
I have a spring pack with the main and second leaves bent out of their natural arch.. The spring was in a 40 that was nose dived off a bank and flipped.. The front axle housing is bent, the spring centre pin sheared and the front drive shaft fully compressed.. The transfer case is ok.. So, as the impact has done all this damage, the main and second leaf bent slightly at the rear spring pack clamp.. The spring has a slightly different shape than the un-damaged one, but I suspect this is due to inter-leaf rust and it held its new shape after impact, these springs are super rigid.. My question is, is there a simple method used to restore the natural curve to the leaves? I dont have a shop press, perhaps I should get me one? Im thinking that if I have a good spring to compare to I might be able to get it close, but someone with experience might know otherwise..

I think you should replace the damaged spring instead of trying to restore the curve. I once bent the main spring on one of the fronts; the kink in the spring was located a few inches ahead of the fixed mount. I continued driving it this way for about a year until the spring snapped at the bend.

I think you should replace the damaged spring instead of trying to restore the curve. I once bent the main spring on one of the fronts; the kink in the spring was located a few inches ahead of the fixed mount. I continued driving it this way for about a year until the spring snapped at the bend.

X2

Replace the Springs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom