Builds Benjamin’s 3D Prints Build (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Make 35 V2: Switch Pros SP-9100 Switch Panel Mount for Minilink Overhead Console

1. Overview of the Final Product
1651776570715.png

2. Purchase

Four stainless steel screws are included.

$75 + Shipping (USPS Priority).

Last edited:
I want design a 3-piece insert there. Two objectives: 1. reinforce the door pocket 2. organize

Great idea. I have a bunch of stuff rattling around in the driver side pocket. I always have to dig to find what I'm looking for. An organizer would be great. The reinforcement would definitely be appreciated. I look at the pocket every time I get out to see if it's cracking yet.

M2V2 installed. While this may not seem too exciting for those in the USA, this is in a right hand drive vehicle. So had to swap my RHD Hazard /4WD switch to a LHD one (a big thanks to @Ayune for the swap) and perform some minor wiring mods and all works like a charm. Just need that ashtray replacement panel now to complete the package.

20200725_091413.jpg

Make 36: ICOM IC-2730 Mount

1. Overview of the Final Product

1595653871792.png

1595652876472.png

icom mount.jpg

2. Introduction

M36 mounts an ICOM IC-2730 in the overhead console.

1595654545335.png

3. Purchase

Two stainless steel screws are included.

$75+ Shipping (USPS Priority). PM for direct Paypal payment.

Last edited:
4 weeks later I finally installed my Scanguage II overhead console. Very pleased! The color suggestion was spot-on, and the install went smoothly. The only issue I ran into is that I didn’t pay attention to directions, and forgot to order the 90* CAT5 adapter. Amazon is bringing it Tuesday.

Also pictured is Ben’s change pocket RAM mount. Not to thread hijack, but I also installed the Victory4x4 molle panels too. Busy morning!

64D5E5A5-C8ED-4B0E-99B8-8D0E3FCE8264.jpeg

9E46CBB0-B677-43D0-8D90-82719D0B2D33.jpeg

6002F5E7-109D-49AD-A047-BA2412AA8648.jpeg

Last edited:
@WingNutLG don't be shy to admit it, extra photos were added to show gun and mount

4 weeks later I finally installed my Scanguage II overhead console. Very pleased! The color suggestion was spot-on, and the install went smoothly. The only issue I ran into is that I didn’t pay attention to directions, and forgot to order the 90* CAT5 adapter. Amazon is bringing it Tuesday.

Also pictured is Ben’s change pocket RAM mount. Not to thread hijack, but I also installed the Victory4x4 molle panels too. Busy morning!

View attachment 2384124

View attachment 2384126

View attachment 2384127
Thoughts on the @Victory 4x4 Molle panels? They are on my list of stuff to add down the road once things calm down for me a bit and I can start doing accessories and whatnot.

Thoughts on the @Victory 4x4 Molle panels? They are on my list of stuff to add down the road once things calm down for me a bit and I can start doing accessories and whatnot.

Quality of the powder coat and metal work is good. I’m not a fan of the attachment method though - screws straight into the plastic. Will see if I need to reinforce in the future.

Back to Ben stuff!

Quality of the powder coat and metal work is good. I’m not a fan of the attachment method though - screws straight into the plastic. Will see if I need to reinforce in the future.

Back to Ben stuff!
Right and I had mentioned something about that on one of their posts (can't remember if it was here or Insta) and they said that the guy on their team that has the 100 had them screwed directly in like that (self tappers) for a few months by that point with decent amount of usage without issue. I would likely end up installed nutserts in the console sides to hold. Do you find that your banana holder interferes with your leg at all while driving? Seems like there would be plenty of room, but that would be one of the main accessories attached to it.

Right and I had mentioned something about that on one of their posts (can't remember if it was here or Insta) and they said that the guy on their team that has the 100 had them screwed directly in like that (self tappers) for a few months by that point with decent amount of usage without issue. I would likely end up installed nutserts in the console sides to hold. Do you find that your banana holder interferes with your leg at all while driving? Seems like there would be plenty of room, but that would be one of the main accessories attached to it.

Banana holder clears the leg just fine, even with the bulky holster pictured.

Oh, and @BenCC the overhead mic sound quality seems to be very good. Will get more feedback at 70 mph soon.

Ben, I’m happy to report that call quality was EXCELLENT at highway speeds with the relocated mic. The only issue I noticed was that the passenger couldn’t be heard as well as the driver, which makes sense given mic placement. I wish there was a way to run dual mics like a lot of OE setups have now.

@WingNutLG What RAM mount arm you are using for the change pocket? I would like to do this one mine

They are the best :rofl:

No seriously though, I run them with the screws daily in my Taco without issues. I've removed and reinstalled a few times as well. Don't overtighten the screws and you'll be good. If you'd like more security, rubber well nuts, or machine screws with nuts and washers inside the console works too. That makes the install harder, but you can always do that later if you don't like the screws.

~Daryl

Ok, so I just went waaaay down the rabbit hole and read through each and every one of the 75 pages of this thread in one sitting. I am now fully up to speed on Ben's comings and goings and I'm ready to spend some dough! Let's make with the cup holder already! ...uhh, where do I get in line? I guess I should go to bed now.

Was actually thinking about this last night and how I should give another update after running the prototype for a few weeks. I will write another update in a bit here. But suffice it to say that I am in love with it and it now feels like a normal, factory piece to everything in the truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom