Builds Benjamin’s 3D Prints Build (13 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

These pieces are not components of the cupholder hahaha. These are M24, which you can glue to fix the broken window switches.

Thanks Ben! I forgot about that was broke too!

The cup holders are installed! I am about to take it on a rough road to see if I have any rattles. So far I really like it!

I can get better pictures tomorrow if anyone wants them.

E0C0593B-BBD4-4DF9-8800-208055E5D37A.jpeg

3A7889BB-6EEB-4520-A0E5-DD361BBAC076.jpeg

0FB457B4-CA4E-4B21-A3CB-DD81F73923BB.jpeg

This is a print of the foglight mount using 1.2mm nozzle. I have been finding a good print configuration for this nozzle. All previous products were printed with 0.4mm nozzle. Parts printed with larger nozzles are significantly stronger. The strength of 3D prints are mainly dominated by the wall thickness rather than the infill ratio. And large nozzles are capable of extruding material much faster. This cuts down the print time almost to 1/3. The major drawback of using large nozzles is the low resolution. But exterior parts are usually bigger and do not have fine features that need the high resolution capability. For exterior parts, I am going to print all future parts with the 1.2mm nozzle. After tuning the nozzle temperature (controls viscosity of the material), extrusion multiplier (controls the amount of material extruded), pressure advance ( compensate for the elasticity of the filament and the extruder), etc, I am happy with the result.

Nozzle: E3D Nozzle X Volcano 1.2mm
Filament: Carbon Fiber PETG

E7515582-3B7E-4D25-8B70-B0465BE62590.jpeg

Hi Ben - not sure if you saw, but I sent you an email last night. Looking to order a few items.

This is a print of the foglight mount using 1.2mm nozzle. I have been finding a good print configuration for this nozzle. All previous products were printed with 0.4mm nozzle. Parts printed with larger nozzles are significantly stronger. The strength of 3D prints are mainly dominated by the wall thickness rather than the infill ratio. And large nozzles are capable of extruding material much faster. This cuts down the print time almost to 1/3. The major drawback of using large nozzles is the low resolution. But exterior parts are usually bigger and do not have fine features that need the high resolution capability. For exterior parts, I am going to print all future parts with the 1.2mm nozzle. After tuning the nozzle temperature (controls viscosity of the material), extrusion multiplier (controls the amount of material extruded), pressure advance ( compensate for the elasticity of the filament and the extruder), etc, I am happy with the result.

Nozzle: E3D Nozzle X Volcano 1.2mm
Filament: Carbon Fiber PETG

View attachment 2581475

Any chance of these for the LX? I can send my lights and dimensions if needed.

Got my butterfly cup holders installed last week and had a few thoughts to share.

First, Ben was a little off on his lead time estimate. Arrived much faster than anticipated. Expected it to arrive on my day off and it showed up when I was working and I didn't have time to install it the second I got it which bummed me out. I had to stare at this beautiful piece of art and not install it.

I am honestly shocked at how perfect this thing is. The tolerances are like crazy tight. Almost too tight. Good thing I got the coaster because it would be a pain to take out and clean. Before ordering this, I played around with making my own drop in cup holder that simply raised the height of the stock cup holders, but there was no way I would even come close to what Ben made.

For me though, my main concern was that my drive-thru coffee cups kept tipping with the factory cup holder. This cup holder, with the butterfly (TrunkNet brand on Amazon) works perfect. Now, just waiting for the LX fog light mount for the Ridgids!

Hey Ben, I've been browsing this thread for a little while checking out all the cool things you're designing/making! I sent you a PM last night regarding SP-9100 mount (M35) but now I see I might have jumped the gun a little. Looking for an overhead console mount and I see you have one for the larger sunglass holder version but is there a version for the smaller homelink button version in the picture below?
s-l1600.jpg

Got my butterfly cup holders installed last week and had a few thoughts to share.

First, Ben was a little off on his lead time estimate. Arrived much faster than anticipated. Expected it to arrive on my day off and it showed up when I was working and I didn't have time to install it the second I got it which bummed me out. I had to stare at this beautiful piece of art and not install it.

I am honestly shocked at how perfect this thing is. The tolerances are like crazy tight. Almost too tight. Good thing I got the coaster because it would be a pain to take out and clean. Before ordering this, I played around with making my own drop in cup holder that simply raised the height of the stock cup holders, but there was no way I would even come close to what Ben made.

For me though, my main concern was that my drive-thru coffee cups kept tipping with the factory cup holder. This cup holder, with the butterfly (TrunkNet brand on Amazon) works perfect. Now, just waiting for the LX fog light mount for the Ridgids!
I am glad it worked!

Hey Ben, I've been browsing this thread for a little while checking out all the cool things you're designing/making! I sent you a PM last night regarding SP-9100 mount (M35) but now I see I might have jumped the gun a little. Looking for an overhead console mount and I see you have one for the larger sunglass holder version but is there a version for the smaller homelink button version in the picture below?View attachment 2586120
The switch-pro mount only works for the large opening. I will see if I can make one for your console.

The switch-pro mount only works for the large opening. I will see if I can make one for your console.
Awesome, thanks Ben! Let me know if I can help at all with measurements, pictures, or anything else on my end.

Awesome, thanks Ben! Let me know if I can help at all with measurements, pictures, or anything else on my end.
I do have a version of M35 that mounts the switch-pro on the small-opening overhead console. It was not posted. I think the main reason is that I did not receive feedback on this make.

1613460718457.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom