Battery Replacment Recommendations (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just installed an Interstate AGM from costco size h8 a few weeks ago. Price was around 200 and was in stock.

My sams club duracell agm almost made it 3 years and had hkb booster from day 1, hope to get almost 3 years from this as well since sams club refund me the total price since they had none in stock.

One lesson that I have learned is to buy the longest “free Replacement” battery you can find because once you get past that period any remaining warranty is pretty much a joke.After you pay for your “adjustment” your “new” battery will only have the remaining warranty that was left on your old adjusted battery,which is basically no warranty..

Key considerations: Convenience of locations for replacement & Can you get an AGM battery replacement in a timely fashion from them. Will they replace the battery or it is pro-rated and will that proration apply to your new battery....(it should not)!

Looking at the giant NAPA battery mentioned previously in this thread. I don't have a costco nearby so it's with Walmart or one of the big parts stores for me. That being the case the Die Hard or Duralast are my best options.

Last edited:
Key considerations: Convenience of locations for replacement & Can you get an AGM battery replacement in a timely fashion from them. Will they replace the battery or it is pro-rated and will that proration apply to your new battery....(it should not)!
Those considerations are why I just buy batteries from autozone or walmart. There is one no matter where I travel. The group 31 battery I had from sam's club was impossible to replace because no location had them.

Walmart's everstart made by johnson controls scored the highest in project farm's test.

Those considerations are why I just buy batteries from autozone or walmart. There is one no matter where I travel. The group 31 battery I had from sam's club was impossible to replace because no location had them.

Walmart's everstart made by johnson controls scored the highest in project farm's test.

I have 3 vehicles and they all now have AutoZone AGM batteries. Don't know if they are the best but they meet my criteria.

I have 3 vehicles and they all now have AutoZone AGM batteries. Don't know if they are the best but they meet my criteria.
I have the autozone AGM in my 100, an everstart in my old YJ. I travel alot for work and had to warranty the AGM at an autozone before far from home.

Last edited:
Pretty sure the Walmart agm (everlast) is a dekka rebadge. The agm at vatozone are legit. Autozone is also way less bull**** runaround if it fails

Hey guys who put in the 27F battery in the LC/LX. Did the battery holder fit it properly? if not how did you make the battery holder fit? I am looking to install a Walmart Everstart 27F battery.

Hey guys who put in the 27F battery in the LC/LX. Did the battery holder fit it properly? if not how did you make the battery holder fit? I am looking to install a Walmart Everstart 27F battery.

A 27F fits the factory battery tray like it was made for it.

A 27F fits the factory battery tray like it was made for it.
Yeah, I was in a hurry as my car stopped in the middle of the street. and not having the time I swapped my truck's 27f battery with my 24f currently in the car and thought the battery holder did not fit. I confirmed today the battery holder does indeed work for the 27f as well. Thanks for the update.

H8 size, no mod fits.

Nice, that's a massive battery! About 1.5" longer than 27F, right?

That size is way too big for my 4th-gen 4Runner, which is why I chose H7 instead. It has basically the same footprint as 27F but is less tall, so created this spacer.

Nice, that's a massive battery! About 1.5" longer than 27F, right?

That size is way too big for my 4th-gen 4Runner, which is why I chose H7 instead. It has basically the same footprint as 27F but is less tall, so created this spacer.
It’s a 100 series forum, not a cockroach 4runner forum.

Totally kidding btw… I have a 4runner too

It’s a 100 series forum, not a cockroach 4runner forum.

Totally kidding btw… I have a 4runner too

Nice, what gen/year do you have? (My sig has a description of mine. Same engine as your 100.)

Nice, what gen/year do you have? (My sig has a description of mine. Same engine as your 100.)
Yeah those 4.7 runners v8’s were hard to find they got gitty up too. 99….trusty 3.4l

My 2003 LC 100 gets parked at the airport for 2-3 months at a time, in a very cold climate. Which battery would serve me better for being parked for extended periods, the Costco 27F or the AGM 24F?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom