Bad experience with Mosley Motors, dragged out over 6 months. caveat emptor. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This thread initially didnt call Mosley Motors out by name, but after the 8 pages of crap that was this thread, I edited the title and will be listing out the Meat and Potatoes here in the first post.

If you want the full on account, in chronological order of what happened, here the link to my post on the this thread. This is what happened.

The rest of the thread is the typical, dudes buddies coming on here to talk trash, and garbage posts of back and forth trash talking. Typical internet pointless garbage

The summarized version is, I ordered parts. I didnt get parts. I called the supplier that Mosley was middle manning for, they informed me that he was not telling the truth in regards to my order. Mosley said he had the part i ordered but it wasnt correct. I did not want the incorrect part. Tried to cancel the order and asked for a refund after waiting 6-7 weeks. He refuses to refund me in full. He is angry that i did not give him advance notice of wanting a refund. Mosley calls me on my personal phone to have a temper tantrum and cuss me out. I have to initiate a credit card chargeback to receive my full refund.

More problems with another part of my order (radiator) where Mosley tells me one thing, and the supplier who i am working in person with tells me another thing... and what mosley is telling me is infact a lie. Owner of this radiator supplier has to fix the problem for me personally since Mosley is once again not being truthful. Thankfully this Radiator shop is very very well known in our city and multiple friends of mine also have accounts with them.

Capitol One bank files chargeback in error. I corrected it.

Again, this is chronological the events that happened in full detail, same link as above.

All in all, take what you want from this. The intention of this thread is to provide information, and to share an experience. What you decide to do with that information is completely up to you. If you read this thread and come to the conclusion of... yeah that sounds like someone i want to do business with, more power to ya. I just edited this post to have the names of those involved. Unfortunately the middle man business model here just fell apart and going directly to the supplier in every instance would have been the better option.

Now... The original post is everything below this.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

There seems to be an ongoing issue of people recommending shops and vendors that they have no personal experience dealing with. Please stop doing this. If you had a good experience with a shop, great recommend away.... but if you have never worked with a shop or vendor and just blindly recommend them to people that makes no sense and is not a productive way to do things.

I can't tell you how many times people message me and recommend places and my first question is always have you personally done business with this shop? The answer more times than not is no. Like why recommend it in the first place?

Had a very very bad time dealing with a shop recently and its one that is just constantly recommended without people even shopping there. Blows my mind. Im not going to post the shop but like have some common sense folks.

Last edited:
Great recommendation. Also helps to know if you say when you last had work done at that shop. Sometimes (or the majority of the time) quality of work declines instead of improves as pressure to complete jobs quickly due to demand is a side effect of increased business from the previous recommendations. Too few out there just keep doing quality work and being upfront with how long it will take.

Edit: 4/21/22 - just happened across this thread and noticed the thread title has changed and content has completely changed direction from what I had commented on. My comments were simply supporting the idea of not recommending shops you don't have experience with and giving dates of when you had work done at the shop that you recommend as many small shops change ownership over time. In no way was I suggesting that @FJ60Cam /mosely is not a good shop or that his quality of work has declined.

Last edited:
Im not going to post the shop but like have some common sense folks.

Keeping a bad experience to yourself makes even less sense than recommending a shop you've never used. You actually have real world experience to share! Save someone the headache and spill the beans. I would agree that many times, there are three sides to each story, and many disgruntled patrons either had unrealistic expectations to begin with, or played a part in making the experience poor. But, if you truly believe the shop boned you, call them out!

Keeping a bad experience to yourself makes even less sense than recommending a shop you've never used. You actually have real world experience to share! Save someone the headache and spill the beans. I would agree that many times, there are three sides to each story, and many disgruntled patrons either had unrealistic expectations to begin with, or played a part in making the experience poor. But, if you truly believe the shop boned you, call them out!
Im more than happy to spill the beans privately if you want to message me, but im not really one for google reviews or posting it publicly. Trying to spready positivity hah

Hey DB.

Your fixation with Mosley is borderline insanity.

I know the whole story and you are the bitch here.

Just shut the **** up or I’m going to end your Mud experience for good.

Real talk. I’m done with you texting the whole town of Memphis and now some vague ass Bad Seller thread.

I’m not going to delete this but I’m going to delete you.

Grow up.

Hey DB.

Your fixation with Mosley is borderline insanity.

I know the whole story and you are the bitch here.

Just shut the f*** up or I’m going to end your Mud experience for good.

Real talk. I’m done with you texting the whole town of Memphis and now some vague ass Bad Seller thread.

I’m not going to delete this but I’m going to delete you.

Grow up.

Pretty good look there for ya bud. Delete me or not. That’s your prerogative as a moderator I guess, but assuming two sides to every story, and seeing how I haven’t spoken to you, I’d imagine the statement of knowing the whole story is false.

That said, no one talked about Mosley besides you. End me for good man. Do it.

Last edited:
Pretty good look there for ya bud. Delete me or not. That’s your prerogative as an admin of the forum I guess, but assuming two sides to every story, and seeing how I haven’t spoken to you, I’d imagine the statement of knowing the whole story is false
I’ve seen all the dialogue from Mosley. He has all your nonsense saved

You live in a millennial fantasy world

You lost me at texting everyone you knew in Memphis trashing Mosley

I’ve seen all the dialogue from Mosley. He has all your nonsense saved

You live in a millennial fantasy world

You lost me at texting everyone you knew in Memphis trashing Mosley
So your go to is to try and insult me for being younger than you and claim knowing an entire story that doesn’t involve you, over what?

Lay off the sauce dude.

This reads as an 11th grade temper tantrum and I don’t want to have any part of it. This is a post on a bad sellers section of an Internet forum. Sorry that you’re taking it personally. My life isn’t as invested in this as yours is, and frankly Mosley wasn’t mentioned once on this thread until you came in hot. I actually specifically stated that I would not publicly mention the shop. This thread has been up since October. It is now January. It’s really just not a good look dude.

Last edited:
We may never know which mystery shop screwed Brian that prompted him to start the thread.

However, I’ll share my experience with him as a customer, because I’m guessing it was the same as mine.

Tomorrow though, us old guys have to go to bed.

96B020EA-5B96-47DC-BB30-ED6457E702FA.png

FYI. For full transparency. This is one of my posts on a completely unrelated thread to this. Over $60 that had to be charged back from my credit card for parts that were not received. For over 8 weeks. After getting a phone call temper tantrum trying to cuss me out while I’m at dinner with my wife.

Don’t let these dudes try and bully you people. You see here that the conflict of interest here is moderators, who stand to gain, trying to bully consumers. Flat out. That screenshot is from a random thread of mine, completely unrelated to this one.

Last edited:
Spill the beans. You have the microphone.
Y’all are doing a great job doing it yourselves. As I said to Nolen. I don’t want anything to do with you guys, or this thread. That’s why you were omitted until Nolen said your shop name. I’m just an average consumer dude. This s*** is ****ing mental. Over $60. Sad.

The absolute worst part about all of this, is that i used your shop because you are local to me, and i once considered you to be "friend." I was trying to support your local business by ordering parts that are all available straight from a supplier, but i ordered them from you. Bringing money into your shop... immediately after talking the guy who bought my motor from me to use you for motor work. My old profile picture used to be of me in your freaking home driveway for christ sakes. After the way you treated me and the resulting crap that ensued after... it is just seriously seriously sad that you and nolens egos have brought it to this point. This is all 100% ego here. It is just flat insane that you can not see that.

I am not going to argue this or do any of the he said she said here. This whole situation is woefully sad for everyone involved. I legitimately can not find a more appropriate word for all of this besides the word "sad." s*** is a very poor reflection of this community, and i do not want to be involved with you or nolen or any of this bull**** any more. Stop dragging this out and just end it.

Last edited:
This is not over $60 Brian.

If this thread is about me, spill the beans. Here, publicly. At least give me that courtesy

If I am to improve as a vendor, I need to know what I did that has you so upset. If it is bad enough that you feel the need to attack my character and threaten my livelihood, the community deserves to be spared the same experience.

If this thread is about another shop, I guarantee they feel the same way.

Brian

Both of our reputations precede this thread as we have spent our lifetimes earning them. I am willing to risk any personal capital I have saved to defend mine. There are no credit cards or loans in this game. I am not bullying you, I am asking you for the courtesy of making your accusations public, to my face.

Stop projecting, stop squirming, and lay out your case. Show your work. This is not over $60 and never was. This is not over an 8 week item(s) not delivered either. This is over you telling me to eat a bag of dicks and enjoy it, because the world revolves around you with no regard for the cost you impose on others.

Forget about Nolen, he is only showing you a mirror and he enjoys calling out BS. Tell the world how ‘I’ wronged you. If you have found yourself in a hole, stop digging and ask for help climbing out.

This thread and all of your passive aggressive social media posts have been up since October with no response from me because I know you were fishing for a reaction from me.

I am very easy to get along with… until I am not. That line was crossed last week.

Last edited:
I actually dont have anything to gain or lose in this, and frankly again, I told you I am through dealing with you and Nolen and all of this for that matter.

Based on the way you treated me, I do not owe you the mutual respect of an explanation or to go back and forth on the he said she said bull****. If anyone who views this thread would like further detail, feel free to reach out privately, but as far as this thread is concerned I am not dignifying your "gotchas" with explanation. Delete the thread to control the narrative of calling you out for what you are, delete my mud account, I could not care less. Remain compliant in FCC ruling 16 CFR 435.1(d)(1) and this is over. Period. I do not stand to gain anything in going back and forth for the sake of your reputation here, and I honestly couldn't care less about mine on ih8mud, as this is not the real world for me. This entire ordeal could have been avoided with a simple, "sorry I made a mistake, how can we make this right," but as is obvious here... will continue to blow up. Consider this my final reply to you.

I hope all the best for you two, and hope you guys get the help you need in the future.

Last edited:
I stumbled across this last night and without reading it, seeing it was from DB I knew it was this crazy fixation over this part with Mosley.

He has been blind texting people about how s***ty Mosley is since this incident happened.

I was even there one day and the UPS guy said some Asian guy was running Mosley down out of the blue.

Anyone that knows Cam knows you lost the narrative when you said Cam called you and yelled at you on the phone.

I’ve done more to poke, prod, irritate Mosley over the last 3 years than you can imagine and I’ve never seen his temper even come close to a flare.

The only thing I have invested in this is 20 years of Ih8mud and Land Crusiers and knowing when to call BS.

I am 100% calling BS

Again, if anyone would like further clarification please feel free to reach out privately. There will be no further replies from me here. My wife is more than happy to relay what she heard on the phone sitting next to me. I am unsure about the UPS Comment is, but whatever yall need to say to help your egos out, feel free to. I wont be replying to either you on this forum in the future but say whatever it is you need to, 100% BS or not. Get help.

goodbye!

I’m sure you recorded the phone conversation, which is why you called me back instead of answering my call. You are welcome to play it. I said nothing in my temper tantrum that I am ashamed of. You can share my texts, texts & DMs you sent my local customers, and any correspondence we have had.

Even now you are making passive aggressive digs from your joint Instagram account with your wife instead of using your own. Don’t hide behind your wife. This is a pattern. You can’t stop replying. It is how your brain is wired. You can’t help it.

Stop attacking Nolen and focus on your beef with me. I have taken the day off and closed the shop at the expense of other customers to deal with the mess you created when you invited yourself into my life.

I am calm, have a normal resting heart rate & regular breathing, and am ready to have a grown up discussion about how I have wronged you and how to make right.

But, I have been carrying around this burden since October and am getting tired. I’d like to hand it back to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom