Awnings, let's see them (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Used my new OVS 270LT this weekend on the Mojave Road. Super fast to deploy and recover. Glad I spent a bit more and didn't get one that you have to roll in and out, set poles, etc. You can literally have shade in 30 seconds or less.

20210329_120508.jpg

20210329_120523.jpg

20210330_071620.jpg

For those with the OVS 270 and walls, how are you storing the walls? How bulky are they?

I apologize if I am resurrecting an old post, but I have searched high and low to see what people with soft side RTT are doing with awnings. I would like to mount a 270 awning on the drives side, but I am concerned that the mount will block access to the zipper for my cover. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

I apologize if I am resurrecting an old post, but I have searched high and low to see what people with soft side RTT are doing with awnings. I would like to mount a 270 awning on the drives side, but I am concerned that the mount will block access to the zipper for my cover. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

I have run the setup you are describing - ARB Simpson 3 opening to passenger side, and foxwing awning on DS (Prinsu rack). I just push the tent towards the PS and there is enough room to reach behind the awning and mess with the zipper. It's slightly more annoying than with no awning, but not significantly so. It's definitely a workable setup.

Obviously it will somewhat depend on the exact size of your tent, awning, and how everything mounts to your rack.

Gadgetguy hit it on the head. If you look at my pics from May you can see the RTT and awning. It adds a bit more complexity, but not much. I shifted it slightly to allow access to the zipper.

Slumberjack Roadhouse Awning Super impressed with it, cost-effective, made by a Colorado company, and when properly guyed it put up with severe wind gust (~40-50 mph gust)

IMG_4890.jpeg

IMG_4894.JPG

Last edited:
I have run the setup you are describing - ARB Simpson 3 opening to passenger side, and foxwing awning on DS (Prinsu rack). I just push the tent towards the PS and there is enough room to reach behind the awning and mess with the zipper. It's slightly more annoying than with no awning, but not significantly so. It's definitely a workable setup.

Obviously it will somewhat depend on the exact size of your tent, awning, and how everything mounts to your rack.
Thanks for the reply. I think I will proceed with the awning.

Mounted on left side with my tent folding over to right side. All mounted on Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform. Did have to mount my awning in the "low" setting(brackets flip over for hi/low). No issues at all.

PSX_20190125_143428.jpg

PSX_20190303_215943 (3).jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom