Auxiliary lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi to everyone heres the question:

What aux. lights would you recomend me for the cruiser!!
I'm looking for rounded lights. I allready know the popular brands like IPF, HELLA, PIAA, KC, and LIGHTFORCE I was just looking for experiences with the diferent brnads and models.

Thanks.

Andres.

Last edited:
ipf is popular
lightforce are great, but expensive... though they are just about rust-proof

sandcruiser said:
ipf is popular
lightforce are great, but expensive... though they are just about rust-proof

thank's for the response, I already change the thread message to be more specific

What will you be using the lights for?

-Are you going to be using them to assist your headlights?
-Are you going to be using them to help you see better in foul weather?
-Are you going to be using them on trails to light up the trails better?
-Are you going to be using them to light up the road as you're cruising down a highway/back road?

I think you would do all right to stay with a repurable manufacturer, except personally I would not buy KC (perception problem, maybe:D ).

If I were to get only one pair then I would probably opt for lights that enables you to switch from fog to driving, with the H4 bulbs.

Anyway, good luck!

Mot

mot said:
personally I would not buy KC (perception problem, maybe:D ).

Mot

Cmon man, theyve got smiley faces on the covers!!! What else can you put on your 6 inch triple-tube bed-mounted light bar?!?!?!?!

agent orange said:
Cmon man, theyve got smiley faces on the covers!!! What else can you put on your 6 inch triple-tube bed-mounted light bar?!?!?!?!

You're right...

I guess you can put these...

:flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

I have IPF, Hella, and PIAA all on my truck and I love them all. The only ones that went in the drink were the PIAA's but they still work great after multiple drownings. PIAA also has a good selection of round lights in a variety of sizes and function.

thank's to you all for the responses I guess is just matter of seeing all the options of the different brands and then make my choice.

I have the PIAA 520's...work great. Get em on ebay for about $150 plus shipping.

You're putting these on a Cruiser. So it's a given that you are not worried about seeing ahead of your brakes at 135mph. It's a safe assumption, I would think, that you would like them to be waterproof. If you actually use the rig off road, then it is not unlikely that you will damage lights mounted on the front or the top of the rig.

So you don't really need absolute maximum range or extremely narrow focus (in fact some amount of sidescatter is a positive for lighting up the shoulders of the road). You don't want an extremely expensive light. And you want it waterproof.

Go down to wally world or whatever local source where you can find cheap "KC' knockoffs. Usually made in China and cost under $20 in the US. Then stop by your local autoparts store and get some aircraft landing lights. Around here they cost about $20 each too. They're sealed beams with about a 8x11 degree spread on the focus and an appropriate amount of sidescatter. 100 watt draw. Made by GE, Wagner and other quality manufacturers, they have good lense and good reflectors. They'll fit right in the cheap-ass made in china housings that you bought.

More light than you will ever need, simple, sturdy and cheap.

If you want a smaller light, you can get som eof the small "tractor light" housings (often made of heavy duty rubber) and then get some of the smaller landing lights that will fit right in there too. You will sacrifice a little bit of lihgt, but not a lot and in addition to fitting places that the largerlights will not, they will usually wind up costing you about 3/4 as much as the larger lights. Still tough and still waterproof with the same high quality lenses and reflectors.

Mark...

great idea... gotta keep my eyes open for something like that down here.

In my old look I had a set of IPF H3 .. nice ones, but after my look change I choose H4 system .. I finaly got Warn setup .. pretty nice, I never use my factory lights again, but I thought IPF have a good ones with H4 system ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom