Aussie Locker Install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

landcrusher909

Athlete/Race truck driver/Hobbyist
Threads
I am going to be installing a Aussie Locker in the front of my 1973 FJ40 I have one in the rear already I just need to know is there anything special I should know ? It should install same as the rear correct ? Thanks in Advance

it is pretty straight forward; I do not remember it being much different from the rear.

no c-clips :grinpimp: and you get to do it on the bench not sure if it easier .after the fact that you had to dissassemble almost your whole front end and pull the diff..

Thinkin the same thing.... And workin on the Bench rocks ;)

Hi All:

Like has been mentioned, you pull the third member and do the install on the work bench.

Follow the install instructions carefully, especially in regards to the thrust washer tolerances, otherwise the 'locker won't function properly.

Regards,

Alan

My Aussie locker rear is also done now. On the jack it tested and locked well, clicked a bit when spinning but nothing annoying.

Off road it is magic, don't even need 4 wheel drive for many trails now. On road i've been concerned a few times as I forget it's there and never even hear it at all. I was so concerned after a few rides no feeling or hearing anything I put it back on the jack to be sure it was still working.

Much different then the detroit in the CJ (V8)which was locking in most turns and screeching tires with any amount of speed in the turns. I think the combination of the 2F and the design of the Aussie is a perfect match to the cruiser. I really don't even know it's there in town.

Now to decide on the front? Will it be as nice in the front, or will highway icy winter driving be a problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom