Asian Orange- ‘79 pickup (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well for the first time in approximately 6-7 years ol Asian Orange moved under its own power. Albeit hesitantly and hiccupy it backed out of the garage for a bit then back in. Also got the Bushwhacker top put on and am loving it.

2FA38162-ED53-4783-A39F-56156F877169.jpeg

973CE1EF-E1DB-4AA2-BDDC-760FEC026482.jpeg

D63CC17A-356D-436E-8456-D7234420C93C.jpeg

Last edited:
That cap is superb! Good job, man!

Last night I remembered Nathan’s mini truck RC crawler with the camper shell. Now all I can think about is getting one exactly like it but painting it orange for my boys.

Last night I remembered Nathan’s mini truck RC crawler with the camper shell. Now all I can think about is getting one exactly like it but painting it orange for my boys.
EDTA8295[1].JPG

Front wheels and tires on with spacers courtesy of @jfz80 a set for the rear and I can get rid of the Carolina squat

C41C8973-260C-4DB1-8A6D-1402D4E0866B.jpeg

0634430C-C8A0-4684-A5D1-C670B9A22768.jpeg

Dang! Crazy how much that changes the look. Those front wheels are nice.

@fj40z what we’re the wheels on it off of?

Anderson if you’re referring to the new ones I put on the front they are pre Tacoma IFS factory wheels that I painted. If you are talking about the ones that were on it when I bought it I don’t have a clue. I actually like them, just not what I had pictured in my head for the truck.

Anderson if you’re referring to the new ones I put on the front they are pre Tacoma IFS factory wheels that I painted. If you are talking about the ones that were on it when I bought it I don’t have a clue. I actually like them, just not what I had pictured in my head for the truck.
I was wondering about the wheels that were on it, I just thought they were cool. I wish I wasn’t so far from you or I’d try to wrestle them from you haha

I was wondering about the wheels that were on it, I just thought they were cool. I wish I wasn’t so far from you or I’d try to wrestle them from you haha

If you want them you won’t have to wrestle too much. I’ll let you have them cheap

If you want them you won’t have to wrestle too much. I’ll let you have them cheap
Where do you live? I can’t remember. I’m at school in SC right now do it throws a wrench in things.

@40LandCruising He is not to far from winston and in high point daily if your dad can help you out. I can get them to a monthly meet up or the christmas party at the barn if someone can take to you from there if it helps as well.

Where do you live? I can’t remember. I’m at school in SC right now do it throws a wrench in things.

Exactly like Jason said I can get them to you or your dad. I’m in no rush here and if you want them I promise the price will be right.

Well this might not be a snag to a lot of you but to me I hit my first real snag this evening on the truck. Yesterday it would run but really rough. The last time I ran it a couple weeks ago it was actually pretty smooth and consistent but ran really rough again this evening. Luckily it has an old school serviceable glass fuel filter that I had taken apart and cleaned before Greg and I did the initial start up. I noticed it today and it was totally brown with rust particles. So I took it apart and cleaned it and it fired right back up and ran great for about 10 minutes before I shut it down. Decided to do an oil change since it had gotten up to temp and while doing that I noticed the fuel filter was just as bad. I’ve read that drawing the tank on these trucks can lead to a real problem of never getting the drain plug to seal back and I can only imagine how many bolts are going to snap trying to drop the tank. These are exactly the type of things that I always over think. If money were no object I’d buy a new tank but that’s not the case. Thoughts and input appreciated! Here’s a pic of the filter after just about 10 minutes or less if running.

0BFE5B22-0A59-4C15-B247-9A598020879D.jpeg

Theres a totalled 90-94 at landreth if compatible. Doubtful

Was there something in the filler neck preventing a Siphon?

Dilution is the solution to pollution? Keep filling and swapping/cleaning filter or let pump push it out and collect in bucket pre filter. But that leaves you with a bunch of gas to dispose. :/

Do they come with lug nuts?

😄

:rimshot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom