ASFIR Skid plates and front bumper (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I tried using the code and it did not work. Ordered a front skidplate
I'm sorry to hear that! Please send me your order ID or the name under the order was placed in a DM and i'll make sure we reimburce you with the code's discount.

Just to be on the safe side I just treid using MUDDING5 and it worked.

I'm sorry to hear that! Please send me your order ID or the name under the order was placed in a DM and i'll make sure we reimburce you with the code's discount.

Just to be on the safe side I just treid using MUDDING5 and it worked.

Ok, well that's a different code than what I was told to use.

I'll pm you my order number. Thank you!

if I only buy the Transmission Skid Plate, will that fit the factory skid plate? Or I have to buy the front skid plate all together?
Any of them can be run individually. Obviously they are designed to be used together and work best in that scenario. Just depends on your intendend use.

if I only buy the Transmission Skid Plate, will that fit the factory skid plate? Or I have to buy the front skid plate all together?

The ASFIR front plate extends rearward farther than the factory guard, so just the middle ASFIR plate will leave a gap behind the factory front guard.

Like most seem to do, I started with the front plate and I trimmed the factory middle cover back to just overlap with it. (Pretty sure I posted pics back somewhere in this thread)

The front and middle ASFIR plates really are great together.

Having an issue with my front skid. Factory front skid was missing so I don't know if it has spacers or what. Issue is it's bottoming out in the rear on the driver side. Was it supposed to have spacers besides the one with the kit?

Having an issue with my front skid. Factory front skid was missing so I don't know if it has spacers or what. Issue is it's bottoming out in the rear on the driver side. Was it supposed to have spacers besides the one with the kit?
Do you have a diff drop? My Slee diff drop came with spacers for the skid plate.

No this LX was 100% stock when I bought it.
The skid plate should attach to the bottom of the diff drop, without touching anything else. What is it touching besides the diff support?

I do not have a diff drop, is it required for this skid?
Sorry… the front skid plate attaches to the bottom of your diff support. It’s a direct replacement for the OEM skid plate.

When I get somewhere I can get pics to load I'll post them. But until then I'll paint a picture.

Front....bolts to 3 oem fastening points, no problem
Middle....long bolt with sleeve. Besides having to d&t original point, no problem
Rear....pass side, no problem. Driver side, will not come close. It' 3/8" off or so. Hitting something within 2" of the mounting point and will not sit flush.

Which one is the direct replacement for OEM skid plate?
Asfir Offroad makes an aluminum skid plate that replaces the OEM front skid plate. 🤷🏻‍♂️

PXL_20220506_214413813.jpg
PXL_20220506_214413813.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom