ASFIR Skid plates and front bumper (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

viducce

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.facebook.com
Does someone have this skid plates installed on a LX470?
I've read that some alterations must be made in order to fit on a Hundy.
Asfir also offers a front bumper this is what they sent me...

TOYOTA Land Cruiser 100 2005 - Skid Plates

Asfir.png
ASFIR2.png
defensa-delantera-asfir-para-toyota-land-cruiser-100.jpg

Asfir bumper.png

Interesting...I didn't look in to too many of the details, the pricing sure is low. Curious to know the quality. In the mean time, I'm still happy I pulled the trigger on @benc Dissent front bumper. Now I need to save my pennies to get the skids he offers.

I believe it was designed for solid axle 105 series, so oil filter spot and what not are a bit off . There is a thread from way back were someone detailed what they had to do to make it fit as at that time no options stateside. I will post it here if I can it find it later tody.

What was your cost out the door for those skid plates? Let us know how the installation goes... my last remaining splash guard fell off a few weeks ago and want to address before winter comes. The Dissent kit looks amazing but is a bit out of reach at the moment.

What was your cost out the door for those skid plates? Let us know how the installation goes... my last remaining splash guard fell off a few weeks ago and want to address before winter comes. The Dissent kit looks amazing but is a bit out of reach at the moment.

The thread that is linked above has all the info on these plates. I have them on my Cruiser. I have pics and a description in that thread. I don’t remember but I think I was around six or seven hundred bucks all in.

If someone lives nearby in Hickory NC, Budbuilt has been looking for someone to lend them their LX or LC so that they can test fit skid plates. They were planning for full range including gas tank last I heard.

They make both aluminum and steel options for the other Toyota vehicles.

My LC is my DD so I haven’t been able to do it. I might try one of these days before I head out of the country for work.

How thick is it? When you look at the pic of it standing up, the bottom looks pretty thick, but it looks very thin on the top section.

Also, how much was it w/ shipping and how fast did it get to you? Come with hardware? Was it straight bolt on with the LX w/out trimming?

@neckbone

I paid $192.69 US plus a small customs fee when I picked it up at Canada Post. So say $200 US all in. An excellent price for the quality product you receive.

The thickness is uniform throughout. It's just the angle of the photo that makes it look weird. It bolted right up easily with no mods required. It came with an extra bolt and spacer but I didn't need it. I think it was for the diesel model. This product it excellent.

It shipped fast and took about a week to arrive. It only came with one bolt and spacer which I didn't use. I replaced all the original bolts with SS hex bolts for a cleaner look.

Last edited:
The ones in the link are listed as diesel, can someone confirm that they work in gas 100s too?

@neckbone

It shipped fast and took about a week to arrive. It only came with one bolt and spacer which I didn't use. I replaced all the original bolts with SS hex bolts for a cleaner look.

Does it work with the plastic underbody tray that covers the oil pan that comes stock on the LX? It looks pretty good, so it covers the front the is also a skid to the front diff right?

Was looking to buy this and the whole set, but the gear skids from ASfiR needs modification as it's for the hdj diesel.

Does it work with the plastic underbody tray that covers the oil pan that comes stock on the LX? It looks pretty good, so it covers the front the is also a skid to the front diff right?

Was looking to buy this and the whole set, but the gear skids from ASfiR needs modification as it's for the hdj diesel.

What does the gear skid cover? I'm thinking about getting the front skid then going to Trail-Tailor and getting his creeper skid.

What does the gear skid cover? I'm thinking about getting the front skid then going to Trail-Tailor and getting his creeper skid.
Oil pan and trans I think? /Pretty sure.

I'm assuming it covers the transmission but you can contact Leonard at ASFIR and confirm. Also, confirm it'll work with the GAS version and not only on the Diesel version. I hear some skids will need modification. The front one I ordered did not need any mods.

I'm assuming it covers the transmission but you can contact Leonard at ASFIR and confirm. Also, confirm it'll work with the GAS version and not only on the Diesel version. I hear some skids will need modification. The front one I ordered did not need any mods.

The front skid plate doesn't seem to allow access to oil filter - do you remove the whole skid plate? Or can you access from side?

I haven't performed an oil change yet. I'm assuming it'll be like my Ricochet Skid plate on my 03 GX470. You can access the oil filter from the side. Or because it's so easy to remove and install the ASFIR skid plate you could do that. Which is what I plan on doing when it's time to do an oil change on my LX.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom