ARP headbolts on 2H (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I used arp on my 3B a while back and have since used 35yr old stock bolts that I cleaned up the threads on for several other heads and had no issues and came to the conclusion that the stock pump isn't powerful enough to lift the head. The gasket or install technique seems to be the weak link. Is an MLS gasket available for the 2H?

I used arp on my 3B a while back and have since used 35yr old stock bolts that I cleaned up the threads on for several other heads and had no issues and came to the conclusion that the stock pump isn't powerful enough to lift the head. The gasket or install technique seems to be the weak link. Is an MLS gasket available for the 2H?
Was wondering how your experience has been after reading some of your threads. I currently have boost at about 12-14psi, but would like to have a safety cushion of up to 20psi. I am getting some MLS gaskets made up and will be getting some extra ones incase anyone else with a 2H wants to try a MLS gasket. There is at least one or two vendor's in Australia that sell a MLS but time and higher costs made me decide on the current route. So you think a new set of factory head bolts should be sufficient? Then just torque as per fms?

I certainly think new bolts are good. I use old bolts myself and haven't had head gasket issues for a long time. MLS is the only way to go but it's very finicky for surface prep. I use permatex copper spray to help seal machine grooves which can lead to oil and water leaks. Arp torque lube on bolts threads and under the head to minimise torque scatter.

Last edited:
Was wondering how your experience has been after reading some of your threads. I currently have boost at about 12-14psi, but would like to have a safety cushion of up to 20psi. I am getting some MLS gaskets made up and will be getting some extra ones incase anyone else with a 2H wants to try a MLS gasket. There is at least one or two vendor's in Australia that sell a MLS but time and higher costs made me decide on the current route. So you think a new set of factory head bolts should be sufficient? Then just torque as per fms?

I’m interested in a late 2H MLS gasket if you can provide details.

ARP are not necessary for even a boosted 40 PSI 2H .. you will cook your head way before you care for studs ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom