Are SOR Seat foam replacement best way to go? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking to rebuild my front seats after buying some new SOR covers from another mudder. The foam from SOR looks little pricy but is it the best way to go?

Anyone found any better options?

I skipped purchasing any of those and went with a local auto upholsterer. It's not oem but I think it looks great and everything has a tight fit.

Yeah the drawback is closest upholstery shop is over 3 hours away.

Bottom seat cushions are just under $400 for a pair, now maybe I'm just a tight ass for all the wrong things but it just seems little expensive for bottom seat foams.

I put new SOR foam and covers on both front and back seats in my 69 and the ride difference was night and day. I'm really happy with how comfortable the new seats are. The only negative is it may me realize how bad the foam is in my 79 seats so I'll re do those with SOR foam in the spring.

I wouldn't have thought it would have been so different but the results are well worth the money spent.

1450534444463.jpg

you all have convinced me, apparently SOR's seat foam is good stuff! i will pull trigger in a few weeks since i purchased tuff console last night.

I am gona go with Pro-90 Procar seats.They look like originals,cost about 280,- a seat,some extra for brackets and they are comfortable..I have sit on them-great seat...but somebody might prefer original seats instead..

Bottom seat cushions are just under $400 for a pair, now maybe I'm just a tight ass for all the wrong things but it just seems little expensive for bottom seat foams.

I used SOR foam but it's over ten years ago and although they were expensive at less than half today's cost there was only one other choice (as I remember) and there were a lot of complaints about that other choice.

I can say that they've held up very well. I do think that the driver seat foam squishes more than it used to ....:hmm:... but other than that my seats look almost like new.

I have a local Apholstery shop doing my front seats and rear jump seat for 750Can. and that's fully recovered. I think I will also get them heated because I have hundreds of dollars in the bank and can afford it. Ha!

Thats a heckuva deal, closest upholstery shop in Grand Junction 3 hours away! only quote i got was for twice that just for front seats!

The guy owns A1 Upholstery and he's located in Campbell River which is about 1.5 hours from my house but it's worth the drive cause apparently he's among the best in the business.

I used SOR foam but it's over ten years ago and although they were expensive at less than half today's cost there was only one other choice (as I remember) and there were a lot of complaints about that other choice.

I can say that they've held up very well. I do think that the driver seat foam squishes more than it used to ....:hmm:... but other than that my seats look almost like new.

I've had the same experience with the SOR foam and covers, except the foam is still firm. They still look almost new after 12 years...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom