ARB hack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My fellow Mudders,

I want a lower profile bumper but don’t want to spend money on something else and have to sell my ARB. I’ve found some old images and random people doing it, but wanting to cut the bars off of my ARB and create a cleaner look.

I like the integrated turn signals that the ARB provides. I would like to add a decent recovery point up front, and I could possibly just run the recovery points that @TRAIL TAILOR sells.

So does anyone want to watch what I do, or give me some input before I get out the sawzall?? I’m also thinking about coloring it a gun metal gray. @ddelong6767 blue 60 is basically bad ass, and his front bumper looks awesome

cheers!!

happy Labor Day weekend!

I’m watching.👍

I cut them off my old 62. On the old style bumper, the bars are welded to the plate at the base, making it easy to cut and grind them smooth. On the new style, the bars go thru the plate, so you’d have to patch.

D049CD23-37C6-4E10-B413-E552889156E0.jpeg

It looks good, but I don’t think I could bring myself to cut mine...even though it clearly killed Bambi at some point.

The whole point of the ARB bumpers is the animal collision bar. It's the best part of the bumper. Camping with it is so versatile. The upper bar can be used for so many things (not just crashing into kangaroos).
If you've ever seen a vehicle vs deer collision- you'd never cut the bars off

The whole point of the ARB bumpers is the animal collision bar. It's the best part of the bumper. Camping with it is so versatile. The upper bar can be used for so many things (not just crashing into kangaroos).
If you've ever seen a vehicle vs deer collision- you'd never cut the bars off

i have a 4plus bumper that looks awesome but i hit a deer at highway speeds last winter and the head went off the angled bar and into my headlights. bumper did save a lot of damage but the ARB would have saved more. the body of the deer still came around though and folded my drivers door pretty bad.
A03C8957-8DFB-48E6-A6B2-7766FC649B40.jpeg
FF5C8C1B-4F88-4E2F-92AA-CFBADC3CA245.png

I understand that some people are going for a certain look but for me, it's function first. I'd be keeping the bars.

Last edited:
Thanks for all of the inputs... I’m not in the mood to knee jerk, especially with something like this that is “hard to put back” after being cut... hmmm

Happy Labor Day!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom