anyone with lightforce lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I put a set of IPF 900xsd lights on my 80 a couple of weeks ago, I am happy with them, bright,solid. I live 10 miles up a dirt road, washboard and pot holes, they dont vibrate at all. Now I am looking a a set of lights for my wifes:princess: rig, she likes the ability to have the snow filters and or the fog filters of the light force lights, my question is does any body have these,how solid are they, I saw a pick up with a set of 240 blitz lights on it the other day in the parking lot, I pushed on the light and it does not seem very solid, moved around a lot, how are these on a rough road?
do they vibrate?
thanks for any input.

The lightforce lights are the sturdiest around that i've seen. Used to have a pair.

If their HID's weren't so expensive i'd have another set on the current rig but I got a great deal on some other HID lights.

You really can't go wrong with the 240's for your application.

I love the 240 hid's;) on my 80.
dsarbaorack.jpg

I gotta be honest guys, I just bought the 170 HID's and they aren't as bright as I expected. Maybe I just don't know how to focus and aim them correctly. Would the combo filter help possibly? I think that that may be half my problem.

Pleased with my 170's. Bought several different lenses for different uses (fog, snow, clear). No problems with getting enough light, as I am running the 100w standard bulbs that came with them. Only use in the back-country, and have not wanted anymore light than they can provide...not going 100mph in the dark!

I opted for the smaller ones, just to be sure that I had plenty of airflow into the radiator.

They are indeed bullet-proof...one of the reasons I bought them was due to other lights on other rigs being broken by flying rocks/stones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kq_KNhu8PHo&feature=player_embedded#at=57

Look good too.

cyclosteve-albums-tahoe-june-2010-snow-picture14522-snow-cruiser-daddy-can-i-drive-now.jpg

I still think I just need to spend some time playing around with them and trying the combo filters. They look good on ur rig Steve!

Well with the 240's and probably the 170's I am pretty sure you rotate the bezel to make them narrow spotlights or wider track lights. Then you can add the diffuser covers to modify it a bit more. Mine were spotlights straight out in front down the road until I moved them to make the beams wider to cover more trail.. made a big difference if you don't realize you could do that.

Hey great info, I think I will try a set of the either the 170 stikers or the 240 blitz . If they work great I will add them to the cruiser, I really do like my IPF lights, will be interesting to compair. I do like the oprtion of the filters though on the lightforce. Thanks :bounce:

Well with the 240's and probably the 170's I am pretty sure you rotate the bezel to make them narrow spotlights or wider track lights. Then you can add the diffuser covers to modify it a bit more. Mine were spotlights straight out in front down the road until I moved them to make the beams wider to cover more trail.. made a big difference if you don't realize you could do that.

I did play around with the bezel a bit .. didn't seem to do much. I think moving them out wider might be worth a try for sure. I never see anyone complaining about their Lightforce lights, maybe I am just expecting too much. Maybe I need two more!! :)

LightForce 240's are awesome. Rotate them enough and you will see a clear difference in the focal point of the beam. I can't comment on the fog or snow covers as I have never used them but mine were plenty bright with just the clear diffuser cover then I added their HID retrofit kit with 5,000k bulbs, now they are even brighter!

Mine are solid and don't vibrate at all. The ones you looked at on the truck must have not been tightened down all of the way.

I have a pair on my FJ80 and they are great. I recommend them a lot

would be interesting comparision between Lightforces standard bulbs and those cheap Kragens HID lights .. about brightness ..

my dad has the 240's on his 80, and i have hella 4000's. given the oppertunity i would swap every day of the week. Both sets are running the fatory bulbs, and mine are way more yellow, but the hella's do spread further, could be just adjustment though

Used to work on a large fleet of road trains that had a mix of Hella 4000s and lightforce 240s. They are about the same price. I ditched my lightfarce 240s with a car I sold, and bought Hella 4000s. Better light, and they were more reliable on the trucks as well.
Lightforce might be builet proof, but I havnt been shot at in years. No point in the plastic (goes bad after a while in the sun) lens taking a hit when the whole light snaps off if you hit something.
At least with the Hellas, you can get parts and they take a common bulb, not a push in thing in a ceramic (fragile doesnt like corregations) turn out.
The lightforce reflector goes bad after a while too, and they filled up with dust from that O ring/plastic thread set up.
Of course , YMMV, but thats how it was.
Now Im back in mining, and theres no lightforce here.
If your Hellas are more yellow, check the voltage at the light(with the lights on!)
My Rallie 4000s now have a 4300K HID kit in them and im using 2 spread beams. Was 1 spot, 1 spread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom