Dash lights (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The illumination lights behind my dash: a/c low to high, vents, and temp, etc work intermittently. Is there an easy way to access lights or bulbs to change out to new bulbs. 1992 80 series.

I made it a project to just replace all dash lights with new. Ordered from Partsouq. Some like to go the LED route but new factory looks best to me.

I appreciate the info and I too like the oem lights, led can be too bright. Is it easy to get access? Whole dash needs to come apart or is there a work-around?

I appreciate the info and I too like the oem lights, led can be too bright. Is it easy to get access? Whole dash needs to come apart or is there a work-around?

The heater control system screws in from the back to the dash trim pieces so more or less the whole dash has to be taken apart. Once the heater control module is out you can replace the lights.

Its not difficult, couple of screws, couple of clips.

Trying to remember the sequence and location of clips but is pretty easy to access.

20210522_144854.jpg

20210522_094047.jpg

The illumination lights behind my dash: a/c low to high, vents, and temp, etc work intermittently. Is there an easy way to access lights or bulbs to change out to new bulbs. 1992 80 series.
If multiple light bulbs are intermittent, it is unlikely to be the light bulbs themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom