Anyone using X2 Power batteries? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That’s a rebadged Northstar. Those are awesome batteries. I run a Northstar 27f and it’s been excellent for me.

ELT-AGM31M

I have this battery with the Slee tray. Good thus far. Only real taxing of the battery has been running an Edgestar fridge x2 nights with minimal driving the the day between. No issues.

I will say the battery posts are a bit tall in combination with the Slee tray and hit the hood silencer pad.

Yes, the 27F is a perfect fit in the stock tray. I just posted my thoughts after running one for 2yrs in the thread linked above ^.

Here is an interesting read on Northstar : The Best AGM Battery No One Knows About

All these batteries are awesome until one inevitably dies when you're on a road trip and you have to track down a batteries plus to get a replacement that they may or may not have in stock. It's the same thing with running a group 31 AGM. Good luck finding one in Durango, CO.

With that in mind I went with a Duralast Platinum H8 AGM from autozone. All the specs are 80% of an group 31 and replacements are easy to find anywhere. It fits the stock tray, the terminals are in the right spots, and it's made in Germany. It's been a great battery so far.

Another option is the Bosch Platinum AGM from Pep Boys which is a rebadged Exide and has a 4 year warranty.

Group 48 Duralast Platinum AGM car batteries fall short in Consumer Reports' life test - Consumer Reports

"One Duralast Platinum AGM battery in the common group 48 size failed our tough life test at just five weeks; another bit the dust after six weeks. To be sure the failures were't anomalies, we tested a few more Duralast Platinum AGM group 48 batteries. One of those failed in three weeks and another lasted 7 weeks. Based on these results, we will not make the latest group 48 Duralast AGM batteries recommended models in our Ratings.

Four Duralast Platinum AGM group 65 batteries also failed before reaching 12 weeks. That's longer than the group 48 models but still disappointing."

I have this battery with the Slee tray. Good thus far. Only real taxing of the battery has been running an Edgestar fridge x2 nights with minimal driving the the day between. No issues.

I will say the battery posts are a bit tall in combination with the Slee tray and hit the hood silencer pad.

No issues with that though? Did you use the Slee connections? What about the Toyota terminal covers?

All these batteries are awesome until one inevitably dies when you're on a road trip and you have to track down a batteries plus to get a replacement that they may or may not have in stock. It's the same thing with running a group 31 AGM. Good luck finding one in Durango, CO.

While this is somewhat true, the only time I've had to use the X2 Power (27F) warranty, as you suggest, they did not have one in stock, but they were more than happy to pull another brand new 27F off the shelf as a "free loaner" until the replacement could arrive into their store. Where I live there seems to be nearly as many Batteries Plus as Starbucks, but that might not be true in other parts of the state/country

Yep, I did that too but I did the 31M and replaced the starter battery only, not quite ready for dual setup. Some slight batt tray modification and it has been great and although Sams sells the same battery for less, the warranty is better and worth the extra and B+B. SLI31DTMAGMDC - Duracell Ultra Platinum AGM BCI Group 31M Deep Cycle Marine & RV Battery at Batteries Plus Bulbs

I went with the group 31 by Duracell from Batteries Plus with the same warranted at a much lower price.

SLI31PAGM - Duracell Ultra Platinum AGM BCI Group 31P Dual Purpose (Starting/Cycling) Heavy Duty Battery at Batteries Plus Bulbs

Yep, I did that too but I did the 31M and replaced the starter battery only, not quite ready for dual setup. Some slight batt tray modification and it has been great and although Sams sells the same battery for less, the warranty is better and worth the extra and B+B. SLI31DTMAGMDC - Duracell Ultra Platinum AGM BCI Group 31M Deep Cycle Marine & RV Battery at Batteries Plus Bulbs

Looking back I linked the wrong battery as I went with the same as you - Deep Cycle Marine & RV Battery

Looking back I linked the wrong battery as I went with the same as you - Deep Cycle Marine & RV Battery
@LandCruiserPhil I was looking at the Duracell you went with. Do you have a picture of how you attached to the terminals? Did you use the military style and extensions that Slee provides with the tray?

@LandCruiserPhil I was looking at the Duracell you went with. Do you have a picture of how you attached to the terminals? Did you use the military style and extensions that Slee provides with the tray?

When it come to electrical the less connections the better.

My X2 battery (820 CCA) died today.... lasted 8 years, had it on a URJ200. For the last 6 months or so, was noticing a weaker cranking/starting sound, but it finally just quit today.
I dont think its the alternator because the ammeter voltage reading is ~14V DC after I replaced the X2 with a Odyssey 34R-PC1500.

I know this is not the URJ200 section, but just posting up my experience with it and the fact that it lasted 8 years, and ~120k miles

I lied. Battery had actually died because kids left the rear cargo light on. :bang:

Last edited:
Shucks.
Kids had left the cargo light on and it killed the battery over 2 days.

It didn't actually reach the end of its life actually. I guess I have an extra battery now, maybe this warrants a solar system

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom