Anyone try Spray painting\dyeing the plastic interior parts and dash (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking to change interior to all black because I want some aftermarket Recaro\Scheel Man seats. I can get them in the brown camel color but this will throw of the entire interior and I figure would be hard to match the interior plastic brown. So then I started thinking what if I do everything in Black as this would make it easier to match and get material. Trying to do this house to keep costs down. I have done a quick google search and saw several rattle cans that you can buy for vinyl painting\dying so that maybe what I end up doing.

Looking to change interior to all black because I want some aftermarket Recaro\Scheel Man seats. I can get them in the brown camel color but this will throw of the entire interior and I figure would be hard to match the interior plastic brown. So then I started thinking what if I do everything in Black as this would make it easier to match and get material. Trying to do this house to keep costs down. I have done a quick google search and saw several rattle cans that you can buy for vinyl painting\dying so that maybe what I end up doing.
There have been a few here that have done it.

The one you may be most interested in is one that redid his door panels in ABS I think and turned them black. May be more up your alley. I don;t know what to search for specifically, but it's in the 80 section. Maybe try black door panel or ABS door panel?

There have been a few here that have done it.

The one you may be most interested in is one that redid his door panels in ABS I think and turned them black. May be more up your alley. I don;t know what to search for specifically, but it's in the 80 section. Maybe try black door panel or ABS door panel?

Nice, will give that a shot.

I just basically did this with my 97 lx450, I stripped the doors down to the plywood and reinsulated and reupholstered with black fo leather from Walmart and a staple gun. I’d say it’s totally worth the extra hours. You can also use the fabric to cover the suede trim pieces around the cage. I’m about 75% there with mine. I can throw some pictures up tomorrow if you’re interested.

I just basically did this with my 97 lx450, I stripped the doors down to the plywood and reinsulated and reupholstered with black fo leather from Walmart and a staple gun. I’d say it’s totally worth the extra hours. You can also use the fabric to cover the suede trim pieces around the cage. I’m about 75% there with mine. I can throw some pictures up tomorrow if you’re interested.
I want to see this. My leather looks pretty tired.

I want to see this. My leather looks pretty tired.
Here’s the passenger side pretty far down the line. I did two layers of basic insulation, cut and stapled. I did a stone finish on the top and bottom of the door, if you remove the carpet from the bottom of the front doors either sand off the adhesive or just use a primer and a textured paint to cover it. The lighting is LEDs so it doesn’t do the obsidian stone’s actual color justice.
78183486-87C9-46A2-B9BA-B4BD3568BE82.jpeg
B0564E9B-3B5A-4B86-AEFA-C26BC33649D9.jpeg

If you have a local auto body paint supply store they should be able to set you up with everything you need to repaint you're interior. When i ran my own shop my local auto body paint store had all the prep, primer, and paint supply's i needed. If done correctly you'll get great results.

What paint did you use?

SEM Color coat paint. it comes in a bunch of colors. there are a few that match the toyota colors. i had an oak dash that was in good shape to replace my blue one and so i painted it. thought while i was at it i might as well freshen up everything since most of my panels were sun faded from being in the south.

SEM Color coat paint. it comes in a bunch of colors. there are a few that match the toyota colors. i had an oak dash that was in good shape to replace my blue one and so i painted it. thought while i was at it i might as well freshen up everything since most of my panels were sun faded from being in the south.
+1 on this. With the right prep work (they have an prep/adhesion promoter product to use with it) this stuff looks fantastic. Search the forum here for the right SEM color if you are trying to match factory

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom