Anyone have any thoughts (experience) on this head unit upgrade? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Malleus

Far west of Siegen
Threads
1702461320914.png

If you use the search feature and just type in GROM in titles only, you will find a hundred threads just on this system. It is very widely discussed in detail on several threads.

That said, I currently have one installed in my truck and I rarely ever turn it on. The rest of the infotainment system still works like normal, which is what I prefer to use now. I usually only use it when on long trips that I need navigation, but around town I just use the factory stuff.

It is glitchy, and slow to boot up. However, it also adds alot of great features that some people would think are important enough to overlook the glitches. Being able to use "hey Seri" and verbally control your navigation based on location name instead of typing in an address is really good. Also, using google maps is significantly better than the toyota navigation.

Agreed with skmaynard in general, except I always use CarPlay, even on short trips. Yeah it can be glitchy, but if you really want CarPlay, this is way better than not having it at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom