Anybody know 80 series axle WMS measurements? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

theferg

SILVER Star
Threads
Ok, so anybody got official WMS measurements for 80 series front and rear axle assemblies? Also, what is the official track width of 80 series axle assemblies? I am more interested in the WMS if anybody knows it... And if you know the 60 series WMS width that would be swell too.

???
-Ferg-

Sorry, :doh:

What's WMS?..........Wheel mounting Surface?

I've heard the term "flange-to-flange" used to describe that distance.

Same thing?

Dumb in the high desert....... :slap:

Don't worry, I just learned what WMS stood for about 2 weeks ago... :p. But ya, Wheel Mount Surface. It's used to talk bout the actual widths and width differences between all the many axle assemblies out there...

-Ferg-

Flange to flange sounds like it's about the same thing, but if you use flange to flange for FF rears wouldn't it add on like 4 inches per side to a Cruiser FF rear end...

P.S. Dan, the goods arrived to their destination yesturday. :D

60 58.5/57.9

80 62.8/63

these are the # i posted at PBB, I did not measure but the numbers are from Toyota USA, they are track width, so prolly not exactly correct as far as axle lenght. BUT, they are both takin from the same spot so it tells you if nothing else the difference between the 60 and 80 axle width.

The numbers on other NON US Toyota stuff veries, why I don't know, but even in the same book and on a 60 I get numerous #'s. So I figured that as both the above were off Toyota brocures(97 and 87) for the US it would give an idea.

WAKEY WAKEY!!!

So, I don't think the exact WMS to WMS was ever figured out. Ya, pimp's got the track widths, but given the different wheel widths each rig has and their different backspaces, the exact WMS to WMS difference is more difficult to find... Anybody got their rears wheels off and can get a quickie measurement?

-Ferg-

You've waited a year to ask?

:D

cruiserdan said:
You've waited a year to ask?

:D

Yup. :D After I couldn't get a staright answer from any of you ninnies, I gave up and didn't care. And it hasn't mattered to me again until now.

As to why I don't measure for myself, well that's because I don't have an 80 series to measure!!!! :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

Now get out there and take your wheels off and measure for me!!! :D

-Ferg-

I have a front axle from a 92 80 series sitting on the floor and WMS - WMS is 62.25 inches.
Can't tell you anything about the others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom