Anybody had wet Front passenger carpet after rain ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
ive noticed the carpet front passenger floor, near the door, a bit moist after a rain.

Anybody chased down a leak like that ?

Yeah it is pretty common. Could be sunroof drains or windshield leak. Start with the water hose and check both. There is a way to reseal the windshield. Search "Fireman windshield" I didn't have great luck with it, but I was short on time and just made a big mess. lol.

ive noticed the carpet front passenger floor, near the door, a bit moist after a rain.

Anybody chased down a leak like that ?

You can stick a piece of flexible wire through the sunroof drain to clear it.

If its the windshield, YOU MUST FOLLOW FSM. Have the guys come to your house and WATCH THEM. They will try very hard to not follow instructions even though you showed them the FSM and told them you want to follow the instructions because theyve been "doing this for ten years" and "never had a problem" doing it their way. Apologize ahead of time for looking over their shoulder and then make sure you do.

Also, buy OEM gaskets yourself. Dont use theirs.

This is not OEM fearmongering. This one is legit.

Most likely it’s the sun roof drain. Weed eater string is what I use followed by a little Purple Power to rinse the gunk out. I have to do it a couple times in the summer here as the trees I park under at the house rain sap. It takes all of 10 minutes tops.

I had a leak like this after a windshield replacement . They fixed it right up after I complained but it did involve removing the windshield a second time. I didn't watch and hound them, maybe I should have .

Yes

I sealed the windshield following a tutorial I found on here. Also sealed the sunroof shut since I'd never use it
Hasn't leaked since

Are the Sun roof drain tubes located inside each kick panel ? Can you see the tubes attached at the top, without removing the headliner ?

My bets on the windshield, especially if it's been replaced before. Many posts on installers not following the proper procedure. Mine leaked bad when I got it

My LA truck got pelted with this thing called rain in Seattle over the holiday week. My driver and passenger side carpets are wet concentrated toward the sills.

I checked and ran plastic wire through the sun roof drain holes that you can see in the front corners. Didn’t look gunked up in the first place. Water drained.

But given the amount of soakage, I strongly suspect it’s the windshield. It’s definitely an aftermarket unit. Just bought the OEM rubber and will get it resealed to FSM spec shortly.

Hoping it also reduces of some of the wind noise.

I have been dealing with this also and it's got to be the windshield for me. Sunroof drains are clean and clear with water still getting in. Mine appears to be coming from the top corner of my passenger floorboard. Only occurs after rain or in the morning after a heavy dew.

Had the exact same issue after a windshield install. After looking into it realized that it's very common for installers to not properly seal the gasket, wish i would have known that prior so I could have made sure it was done correctly.

Went through 3 windshield places, NONE would install it with sealant IAW the technical manual. The third installer said if I had any issues that he would then use sealant. The good part about the installer is that he said I would still have a warranty, the second installer blatantly said if they used sealant then I would void the labor and windshield warranty... Evidently they were upset they didn't get the job and now I am missing a windshield wiper pivot cap...

New gasket and windshield, so far it's not leaking.

I had wet feet after rain. I checked the sunroof but ended up being the windshield. Had a company do it and I even showed them the manual on how it needed to be installed and they said yes no problem. Well, they didn’t do it as promised so I had to take it back and had them silicone the seals. No more leak but they did really messy job.

You want to use the black urethane window sealer or the black polyurethane roof sealer from hardware store for the cheap but effective fix. Just tape off and follow fsm procedures:
66A174A4-D7E8-4064-A8BB-45368F88CFD4.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom