Anybody ever install a proper flag pole? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

KLF

Frame waxer
SILVER Star
Threads
I wanna get rid of the wall-hung flag holder and install a decent flagpole in the front yard. Probably 20-25', with a solar powered light at the top for nighttime. Wondering about these aluminum multi-segments kits they sell now at the Home Depot and Amazon. Is there a better setup? Seems like a good gust of wind would just fold it over at the base.

Whatcha got?

Not quite what you're referring to.......but.....

I built these gate pillars when building my split rail fencing.....

Fly flag during daylight hours......no solar lamps...

I'd like to do a flag pole as you mention...wind is a big factor at my location

I live in the valley of a +10K' mountain range.....the down sweeping winds are relentless it seems

3IHx9F4.jpg

WXnoRci.jpg

I bought the "adjustable" flag pole a few years ago.
First if you dont lower and raise the poles often the camlock feature locks and it wont open. If you try to use any pipe wrenches your doomed since the tubing is too thin to take any torque.
AND your right a 20mph wind with a 3 x 5 flag and the pole is done.
I bought the pole have now from
Its been doing great for 2 years with a 3 x 5 flag in 40+ winds.
Its non adjustable, but light enough lift out of the ground if there ever is problem with the pulley.

He has many quality poles and if you call him he will tell you a lot more stories about his business than you'd ever want to know.
Bobmo
As for a solar light, I bought a topper from ebay and its still working well too.

I bought the "adjustable" flag pole a few years ago.
First if you dont lower and raise the poles often the camlock feature locks and it wont open. If you try to use any pipe wrenches your doomed since the tubing is too thin to take any torque.
AND your right a 20mph wind with a 3 x 5 flag and the pole is done.
I bought the pole have now from
Its been doing great for 2 years with a 3 x 5 flag in 40+ winds.
Its non adjustable, but light enough lift out of the ground if there ever is problem with the pulley.

He has many quality poles and if you call him he will tell you a lot more stories about his business than you'd ever want to know.
Bobmo
As for a solar light, I bought a topper from ebay and its still working well too.

Now that's more like it, thanks! I'll be calling Bob and ordering up.

Is your flagpole a one-piece with halyard, or telescoping? I am intrigued by the telescoping option.

I got the halyard model, I tihnk its 25'. The telescoping never worked for me.
I'm sure you will be please with Bob's
He might have a telescoping one that works.
Its worth calling him he is a hoot!
Bobmo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom