Any Common Problems With '82 Pickups? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
There's a pretty nice 1982 4x4 pickup for sale in my area and I'm thinking about getting in contact with the owner. Its bone stock, the body seems almost like new and it apparently only has 100k miles on it.

Before I go look at used cars I like to be prepared and know what that cars weak points are and if there are any common problems to look for. Other than rust, are there any things I should watch out for? I've heard that these trucks didn't have the strongest transmissions, are there any symptoms that I should watch out for on a test drive or during my inspection?

Any advise is appreciated! :D

I own a stock '82 SR5 4x4 and have had no problems.

The worse its been has been this past year getting it smogged. I went ahead and replaced the entire exhaust with a CARB compliant one and rebuilt my spare carburetor. The exhaust replacement I did to be finally legal but a new cat would have done the trick. Rebuilding the extra carb was 'just in case' and to prove to myself that I coud do it. I was intimidated but was no worse than putting together a model as a kid.

I rebuilt the front knuckles after 30 years thinking it must need it. It didn't. It all looked great inside.

My U-joints and ball joints are all good too.

Out of curiosity, what's the price on the truck?

I own a stock '82 SR5 4x4 and have had no problems.

The worse its been has been this past year getting it smogged. I went ahead and replaced the entire exhaust with a CARB compliant one and rebuilt my spare carburetor. The exhaust replacement I did to be finally legal but a new cat would have done the trick. Rebuilding the extra carb was 'just in case' and to prove to myself that I coud do it. I was intimidated but was no worse than putting together a model as a kid.

I rebuilt the front knuckles after 30 years thinking it must need it. It didn't. It all looked great inside.

My U-joints and ball joints are all good too.

Out of curiosity, what's the price on the truck?

The listing is gone now, but I'm hoping it just expired. I tried sending an email to the seller but the since the ad expired...

It was listed at $3,500.

yeah first gen , one of my favorites . when someone lists one for sale especially a stock one , it will be bought up pretty quick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom