Another what do you think thread... 2000 LX 280k (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Found this decently clean LX local to me with 280k, records for all work done including timing belt within last 40k miles. NO RUST. And got him below 6k. Am i dumb to pass up on it? Concerned about AHC

IMG_1142-1.jpeg

IMG_1140-1.jpeg

IMG_1141-1.jpeg

I guess honestly it just failing? Fluid levels were good, shifted between N and L and H well. Just the one thing people tend to be concerned about

I guess honestly it just failing? Fluid levels were good, shifted between N and L and H well. Just the one thing people tend to be concerned about

Yeah I purposely wanted a Land Cruiser for that same reason because at the end of the day I think I want a traditional lift. Thats all personal preference though but I will say this regarding that truck I feel like I've seen it before and at that dealership. Cargurus says 1 day at that dealer but almost 2 months on their site. A clean rust free 100 for $6k? Seems like it would have been snatched up already but I could just be pessimistic. Double check everything, including carfax to make sure it wasnt in a flood zone or something.

Yeah, it originally was in Florence SC for like 5k and then this dealer bought it within the past 2 weeks and is trying to flip it.

Did they do anything to it or just trying to turn a profit?

Just trying to turn a profit, small dealership. Took it to a local mechanic etc

It looks good from the pictures but that ain't saying much. It's rust free so that's good and timing belt is done. Miles are kinda high but I think the price is right there with some of the other 280kish mile rigs I've seen. Your budget was like $7-$8k right?

I can help you give it a look. As far as AHC...pretty reliable as long as they changed fluids and flushed on regular basis. It needs service just like brake lines/fluid. Biggest cause of failure is either not servicing/flushing fluid on regular basis as required........or worse yet, they or some numb nuts at service center to include Toyota...put washer fluid in the resevoir without realizing it was for hydraulic fluids. If they did it and realized right away...remove and drain and clean resevoir. Likely a tech would not realize in time or not want to admit it so you drive it away and that contamination fills system and eats away seals in actuators and ruins pump. So it will lose pressure and will lower on all corners or just certain areas when turned off.

Mine worked great....until I started adding full steel front bumpers with 12k winches, rear steel bumpers with swingouts for tires and jerry-cans and jacks. LOL

At that point, I just saved up and ordered a Land Cruiser suspension kit and removed everything from the LX completely.....and put on the aftermarket springs and shocks for a regular LC of same year.

If they changed timing that is a good thing. The other thing that fails is the starter as it is under the intake manifold sitting in the V of the upper engine....rats nests, heat, etc make them a fail item...and pain in ass to swap out by yourself...but can be done in afternoon.

Just let me know.... Where are you located now?

Yeah I purposely wanted a Land Cruiser for that same reason because at the end of the day I think I want a traditional lift. Thats all personal preference though but I will say this regarding that truck I feel like I've seen it before and at that dealership. Cargurus says 1 day at that dealer but almost 2 months on their site. A clean rust free 100 for $6k? Seems like it would have been snatched up already but I could just be pessimistic. Double check everything, including carfax to make sure it wasnt in a flood zone or something.
I paid less at a dealership for a 2001 with fewer miles. There aren’t that many banks that finance 20 year old cars. There aren’t that many people who can save up $9k who want a 20 year old car with 200k miles that don't already have one. The dealership is leaving money on the table, but that KBB money may not show up until October.

For that price, mileage, condition, and maintenance history, I still don't think it is a terrible deal. Most 20 year old cars that you buy are going to need something...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom