Another Clunk Thread Cresting Hill Only 07 lx470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have an 07 lx470 with 190k. 3-4 years ago upon purchase I had the driveline clunk which went away transiently (for about 500 miles) with lubrication and eventually went away with regular maintenance (every 5k miles) (had been neglected before my purchase). For the last few months+ I've been dealing with a clunk when cresting a hill at lowish speed 20-30 mph in my housing development. I've never experienced it with normal driving otherwise on flat surfaces or at higher speeds. Initially I thought it was at the downshift after cresting the hill but lately it clearly occurs just cresting the hill as the incline changes but before I even let off the accelerator or come down. Any ideas? I've hit the search function and not found anyone with my exact symptoms. I'm not feeling/hearing it at all when I start to go up a hill or when I accelerate as I'd expect with the slip yoke.

Does it sound like it's coming from any direction? It may be suspension related, only occurring on droop, have you tried going over a speed bump or something similar to see if it happens when suspension is rebounding?

Does it sound like it's coming from any direction? It may be suspension related, only occurring on droop, have you tried going over a speed bump or something similar to see if it happens when suspension is rebounding?
No sound over a speed bump that I recall. Feels/sounds like it's coming from under the car at the level of the front console but poorly localized. Certainly does not hear like it's more front/rear/left/right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom