Another TPMS thread (sorry) . . . (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wah00

SILVER Star
Threads
TPMS light is on. All of my tires are inflated to proper pressure. My sensors are all less than 2 years old, as I replaced as precautionary measure when I did a wheel/ tire swap.

Techstream won't connect to the TPMS computer, instead it gives me an error message. So, I can't determine if there is one sensor faulting or what pressure they are showing.

I've looked at the owner's manual and cannot determine if there is a TPMS specific fuse that might be blown/ bad. Is there one?

I've reset the TPMS with the dash button. If blinked 3x, then came back on.

I've searched the other threads and don't see much that is helpful to me here.

Any ideas other than deleting the TPMS system (which will be my last resort) appreciated.

there is no fuse for the tpms. does the light blink then go solid when you turn on the truck, if its blinking then going solid it will most likely need a new sensor

I did check the spare, but according to the '06 manual (p. 149) there is no sensor in the spare.

Does your keyless entry work? I seem to recall the TPMS and keyless entry receiver are the same module.

Techstream won't connect to the TPMS computer, instead it gives me an error message. So, I can't determine if there is one sensor faulting or what pressure they are showing.

In the '06 model, there are two completely different communication protocols when connecting to a scan tool/Techstream. CAN for ECM and ABS communication (and a few others) and K-line for AHC and TPMS and some other smaller modules. On the DLC, there are separate terminals for the two protocols.

See if you can communicate with AHC ECU. If that is possible, then your TPMS ECU is not operating correctly. Either no power, or something else. If you can also not communicate with the AHC module (and immobilizer and a few others), your VCI may be defective (even if you can communicate with the ECM). I have one of the Ebay VCI's and the CAN works perfectly, but K-line stopped working.

I did check the spare, but according to the '06 manual (p. 149) there is no sensor in the spare.
my 2006's spare has as TPMS, i even had Mavis replace it but the tire ened up getting dry rotted under the truck and would not hold air.

Try Techstream with another computer. if the TPMS module is the only thing that wont work, that just may be the issue. i have seen threads on here discussing TPMS delete and that there is a module behind the glove box mounted on the kick panel. maybe test that for faults or throw a used working part at it.

Problem resolved for now, but I am not entirely sure how . . . After driving around after the dash reset the light disappeared.

Thanks to the advice above I used a different techstream program and was able to connect to the TPMS (and AHC diagnostics). TPMS seems to be showing 5 sensors, so there apparently is one in the spare. All of the readings and the parameters seem normal, with no codes.

I don't know what was going on. The temperature dropped a little here during the past week, but all of the pressures were fine when I checked them manually. Halloween ghost come early, I guess. Thanks all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom