Builds Another 80 series build thread. The 'BlackHole' (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think I got it to work. Freakin bumper did NOT want to line back up with the holes for some reason....ahhhh why can't anything go smoothly.

I'll load the line and connect it to the battery mañana.

image.jpeg

Done FTW.

(In this case that does NOT mean "for the win" but it's evil twin brother, "Fu** the world."

View attachment 1302979

You probably want that winch solenoid where you can/could get to it in a pinch.....I've fried a couple solenoids out in the middle of BFE, and the only way to spool in or out was to reverse the wires on the solenoid. Nice looking ride though!
1 other, easy trick I use also is- if you need to "fish" wire around heaters, vents, and other trash, get a light action fishing pole and remove all the "loops" on it, then just put a small rubber tip in it, and hook your line to it, and go "fishing"! Light action poles bend very easy, and are strong. Good luck!

You probably want that winch solenoid where you can/could get to it in a pinch.....I've fried a couple solenoids out in the middle of BFE, and the only way to spool in or out was to reverse the wires on the solenoid. Nice looking ride though!
1 other, easy trick I use also is- if you need to "fish" wire around heaters, vents, and other trash, get a light action fishing pole and remove all the "loops" on it, then just put a small rubber tip in it, and hook your line to it, and go "fishing"! Light action poles bend very easy, and are strong. Good luck!
Excellent point on the solenoids and also handy to jump them with a wire if you happen to forget your controller. <cough, cough @knoll0351 ) :flipoff2:

Damn. I had no idea about reversing the wires, probably should figure out how to do that before I really need to. Or before I forget my controller. Thanks @Marine7 and @retrofive .

Hopefully you never need too.... Just a friendly heads up.

Used the Cruiser as the shuttle vehicle up Old Fall River Road in RMNP. Climbed the Blitzen Ridge on Ypsilon (the start was the beginning of the ridge in the background).

While I didn't get any shots of the cruiser take note of the beanie that was ever-present on my dome. Thanks to @beno for keeping my Cruiser working, and my head warm.

image.jpeg

Used the Cruiser as the shuttle vehicle up Old Fall River Road in RMNP. Climbed the Blitzen Ridge on Ypsilon (the start was the beginning of the ridge in the background).

While I didn't get any shots of the cruiser take note of the beanie that was ever-present on my dome. Thanks to @beno for keeping my Cruiser working, and my head warm.

View attachment 1305859

"ROCK" ON! Good climb..... We used to do a lot of "un-official" training in that area....... Good 'ole Recon days! Enjoy yourself!

Let me know how the radio works out for you. I'm always getting good reports back - loud and clear.

:steer:

Works great! However I still am waiting for my SWR meter. I imagine it'll sound even better after tuning it to the rig.

New pads. Heard the squeal tabs chirping when I was at Lead King Basin with the family but haven't heard it since.

Didn't want to change the rotors as I just did the front axle job and didn't want to repack the bearings, etc... So I emailed Onur at Land Cruiser Parts and Consulting and he confirmed that as long as the rotors looked good, and were within factory specifications I'd most likely be good to go. (Again, barring no burs, grooves, etc)

So after my much needed Land Cruiser consult I purchased 100 series pads and took care of them today. Tight fit that necessitated a rubber mallet but they're in!

Took the Cruiser for a spin around the block and no squeaking, rubbing, etc. I'm hoping these will last me until my next axle service in 50k.

New vs old.

image.jpeg

Tuned the CB, waxed both rigs and tinkered with my other "cruiser."

When I'm not cruising in one Cruiser I'm probably cruising in the other.

And yes, MUD sticker in full-effect.

image.jpeg

Been a while since I've updated this. Many adventures with the family this summer, most of which have been documented in the 'what did you do with your 80' thread.

So as to remind myself of a few of the projects that are in the works and that I'm not slacking;

1. Trail Tailor- tailgate storage will be in my hands within the next couple of weeks.

2. LSeat- New skins have arrived and are being installed. Only downside is that they sent me 2 passenger armrest skins and no drivers side skin... annoying but hoping it should be resolved easily.

3. Wits'End- FEM on order- I hear these rigs catch on fire...

4. Trail Tailor rear bumper deposit place! I'm most stoked with this as it will be a 1 of a kind. Inquiring minds will have to wait.

Phase one of skin replacement. LOOKIN GOOD!

IMG_6597.JPG

That looks great. What color did you go with and do you like the match to the original? Sure looks right in the picture. I just got my shipping info for my Trail Taylor storage lid too, pretty cool.

@dogfishlake and @Alexbv Color matches perfectly.

Here the info that RiFFraFF gave me a while back. I ordered this exactly for $299 ish, shipping not included, and install was a little more.. 4 bills.

Totally worth it to keep my lady happy. And now the cruiser smells NEW!

• 1 x 1990-1997 Toyota Land Cruiser J80 Custom Real Leather Seat Covers (Front)
    (Leather Color: S0014 Bisque, Stitching Color: L014 Bisque)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom