Events/Trails Annual 70 Series Meet & Greet - Save the Date - September 16-19, 2021 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

"That’s your opportunity to pick up quite the caravan between CT & TN."

What a picture that would make, a bunch of 70 series, on I81 South.

Well someones got to be in the right lane. 😁

Joe,
Been there and done that several times for CMCC. However, it was a caravan of one.
Have safe trip.

9/16-19/2021 😁 …… Hope to see you there.
BE53A2DC-0179-452D-A22B-6BFE3C8D1FA0.jpeg

Last edited:
Any chance we could schedule a New England meetup as well? TN would be a full two days drive each way for me, but I'd love to join.
As the old saying goes “you build it and they will come”. 😊
We have folks driving in from as far away as Texas as well as Connecticut. Perhaps having others organize “regional events” might be a prudent idea.

As the old saying goes “you build it and they will come”. 😊
We have folks driving in from as far away as Texas as well as Connecticut. Perhaps having others organize “regional events” might be a prudent idea.
New England is a full 2 days drive???? A little further than from Texas and I will do it in less than a day.

Google puts me in the 13 to 14 hr drive without stops from CT. If I was driving alone, I would think about doing it in 1 sitting. As my wife will be coming for the trip, 2 maybe 3 days.

"sark said:
Any chance we could schedule a New England meetup as well? TN would be a full two days drive each way for me, but I'd love to join"

We used to have the "East Coast Pig Run" at Rausch Creek in Joiliet PA. No reason we can't do an event for the 70 series. Or "Field and Forest" in Hancock NH (Yankee Toys Fall Gathering location).

Last edited:
Well, I consider 8hrs to a be a full days drive, unless I really need to force it. Close to 16hrs for me, which is doable in a stretch of one day but not ideal...
We would glad to have you join us if you’re able. 😊

I go between Texas and Alaska a few times a year. I do 15 hours a day pretty easy. When I was young I could do much more. I ain't still young though.

All, sadly I'm going to have to miss this years event. We are overhauling my motor and between parts hunting and shipping delays and slow progress with the work I probably won't be back up and running till EOM at the soonest. I was really looking forward to meeting some like minded 70s folks but it will have to wait till the next meet.

Y'all have fun. "If" there's a miracle between now and next week I'll be sure and see you there.

The organizers (Peter Brown, Sam Houston and myself) will be arriving mid-afternoon on Thursday. (9/16)
For those that need last minute info my cell number is 229-221-8606. 😊

I go between Texas and Alaska a few times a year. I do 15 hours a day pretty easy. When I was young I could do much more. I ain't still young though.
When I did my cross country trip we made it from Wall, SD to Wilmington, NC in 36 hours straight of driving. Then again there were 2 of us taking turns driving, so about 18 hours each. More proof that being young is a bit of a superpower when it comes to driving leaf-sprung solid axle vehicles down the highway for hours on end.

Can't wait to see you all there! Trying to get my dad to come up with his Prado as well.

When I did my cross country trip we made it from Wall, SD to Wilmington, NC in 36 hours straight of driving. Then again there were 2 of us taking turns driving, so about 18 hours each. More proof that being young is a bit of a superpower when it comes to driving leaf-sprung solid axle vehicles down the highway for hours on end.

Can't wait to see you all there! Trying to get my dad to come up with his Prado as well.
By all means get your dad to attend. 😊

Allow me to respond to a few enquiries ……..

1) We do not require you to register for this event although a confirmation that you plan to attend would be nice. **
2) We do not require you to purchase a ticket. (You will however need to purchase park permits)
3) We didn’t solicit sponsors and we do not hold a raffle. 😁
4) We do not inspect your vehicle. It is your responsibility to make sure it’s up to the task.

I do encourage everyone to review the post from our legal and medical departments on page 7 (post 122 & 123)

** Thanks to those that have already indicated that they will be attending.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom