...and here I was thinking merging 2 cabs would look strange... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

KLF

Frame waxer
SILVER Star
Threads
This may get kicked to chat, but it DOES kinda answer that question someone posted before about making a home-brew double-cab. I guess it HAS been done. Read about a new website peopleofwalmart.com, I found this gem today:

221.jpg

I wonder what the wheelbase is on that thing?

...probably the worst photochopped ever seen.....don't get the Walmart deal either.

Read the comments. I don't believe it's been photochopped. I can TOTALLY believe someone doing this project.

Read the comments. I don't believe it's been photochopped. I can TOTALLY believe someone doing this project.

They stretch full sized pickups to 6 door units out west for ranch people. Allows them to put everybody in one vehicle and tow the big horse trailer too.

Crossposted from another site with similar discussion

Can't read the plate, but first thing that comes to mind on that one is "Hawaii?", and not because of the palm trees.

[Edit]Crap, I thought I was seeing things at first, check the body lines in that second pic then look at the frame lines, can you say "bendaroo"!

The thing that initally had me thinking it was photochopped was how the front of the rear door was shorter than the back of the front door. I had always assumed the top & bottom of the doors were parallel, but turns out there is a slight taper, I verified with a tape measure.

I'd love to see how they stiffened the frame to go that far, and what they did about the looooong driveshaft.

Can't read the plate, but first thing that comes to mind on that one is "Hawaii?", and not because of the palm trees.

[Edit]****, I thought I was seeing things at first, check the body lines in that second pic then look at the frame lines, can you say "bendaroo"!

It's a banana truck! Looks like they didn't beef up the frame enough or jumped it some.

For the long drive shaft, splice in another bearing, spider and shaft.:meh:

hahahaha well aleast everyone can sit in the front seat!

This is a much higher quality, cleaner looking home brew double cab. It was for sale recently in Northern CA somewhere, found it on craigslist and saved the photos.

3n93ma3l7ZZZZZZZZZ94n0094a11b502112.jpg

3n73m03o0ZZZZZZZZZ94n41b4aa53140719.jpg

3n03k23pcZZZZZZZZZ94na7cc851fa3a41c.jpg

Except for that hideous color, that's pretty cool! It's a 4Runner nose, I wonder if that's where he got the rear doors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom