2 pin pigtail (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 86 4runner and I'm trying to figure out what the 2 pin connector with the black ,/white cable and black cable is for? I picked up a dome light harness but not sure where to plug it

That 2 in harness goes thru a hole on the left . I thought maybe it was a harness for a dome light but I don't have wires In the location where I pulled the dome light harness from.

Screenshot_20231203_140301_Video Player.jpg

if your truck has the map lights they share the same harness...
i was going to add map lights to my 85 but the structure isn't there.
My truck has the light that is behind the head. I wonder if I can just splice into that 2 pin connector for my recently added rearview mirror light

So I've tinkered with the dome light that I'm trying to add to my passenger side to cover a rip in the panel.

I am able to bench test it and get it to turn on when I had 12v to constant and ground to the door open switch and it turns on but when I ground the on side I do not get the light to turn on. It's baffling my mind right now. If I ground out the 2nd strip it lights but when I ground the 1st one with the the 2 holes for screws nothing. Do you guys have any idea on why ground it does not get it to turn on

17024005943858091594988027979141.jpg

likely those contacts are crusty.
clean them and the ball in the switch.
When I put ground to the blue color directly it doesn't light up if the red is touching. If I flip the switch to off and send ground directly I get light. But when that switch is switched to on where both those meet I get no light.

Screenshot_20231212_103119_Samsung Internet.jpg

This is throwing me for a loop I plugged in the light the blue one into the pigtail in my roof and I get nothing. I plug in the stock light the tan one and when I switch to door it comes on. I see the light lays outs are onn opposite sides.

The tan is stock 86
Blue is from a 95 4runner

Did toyota change the way these lights work?

it's obviously been modified. the door tab has been removed or something and then wrapped with a wire. that tab should be making it's way to the door trigger wire on the plug. that whole thing is a wreck, I'd throw it out and find a better one.

Screenshot_20231213_153628_Bromite.jpg

Last edited:
If anyone ever needs OEM TOYOTA japan spec. Electrical connector
Topic assistance or the dreaded fusible links. As well . I do stock 99% of all the 79-89 era OEM SUMITOMO and Yazaki genuine service parts …

I will be checking in with @pappy getting his input on the best approach on creating a 95 and older mini-truck electrical connector and related terminals and OEM color coded tracer stripe wire resource and reference tech. thread

This whole Circa-Era is my niche specialty of sorts , one thing don’t know exists is a. Comprehensive break for of all the styles and locations of the cold spec pend for example ….

Below is a TECH. Example of what I do for a living , and I have a passion for making once disc. NlA small size spec parts live once again ….

If I’m correct ?

This large diameter master cylinder float sensor equipped fluid cap , is a 79-1990 Era Accross the board usa spec parts application ?

- I am actually working with both FD and NEW ERA in japan to bring the 27700-38110 / 38111 /. 38112 / 38113. Voltage regulator back from the dead , the oval 6pin green plug now disc.

Among other things related…

My 27060-35070 genuine NipponDenso japan alternator has been very popular and I will be expanding on that 22R / 22R-E charging system arena too !

I had thought about sending you a PM with questions at times but, I thought you just did Land Cruisers.
Matt has helped me out several times with connectors on my 4Runner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom