Amayama Megazip Partsouq etc for genuine Toyota parts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Amayama has stopped shipping to Australia citing Covid as the primary reason. This sucks as they appear to have the best 'tap' into genuine Toyota parts stock.

However Megazip and Partsouq have not and I have an order going with Megazip as a write this (for a part which Amayama can't supply as it's not in stock).

How is the covid situation affecting you folks in the US and Canada for ordering stuff from these places?

No issues, here in the us. Amayama seems to take longer to ship. Partsouq has been good to me on my last two orders. When making a big purchase of small items it can't be beat.

I ordered a bunch of stuff from Partsouq and received it two days later, even though they said 3-7 days. They get s*** out the door fast, and DHL is quick.

My megazip order is coming ex-Japan. But I've had very large orders from Amayama and Partsouq ex-UAE turn up in a few days because they use forwarders like DHL etc. which costs a premium but you get a premium service. My 80's new (a few year ago) radiator came that way - Amayama out of UAE.

We ordered a driver (LH) seat cushion from partsouq on Sept 3. It arrived mid-afternoon on the 7th (US Labor Day) and I had it installed by late evening. Did not expect that, but it was nice.

That said, the holiday benefits work both ways. We quite unintentionally ordered some brake parts on the first day of Eid (back in late July?) and that took almost two weeks, but that's a big holiday for them. Hands down partsouq is great and makes it easy to order exactly what's needed for your vehicle if you have the VIN.

I made a order with Partsouq the Sept. 8th... Received my UPS notification email saying it'll be delivered tomorrow evening.

I recently had something that I ordered from Amayama and it took them three weeks to tell me it could not be sourced and cancelled my order. I had great previous experience, so I am sure this was a one off. However, I came across IMPEX JAPAN — online new genuine spare parts shop and I ordered the same part from them. They had it to me in less than one week from order. So I guess it just pays to use several sources.

Not a one off, same experience with Amayama recently when I ordered some parts they had listed as being available, but turns out four out of six were not, so they canceled those four parts and shipped the two parts they did have without reconfirming. Only option from Japan was Express FedEx as the Economy FedEx is not available currently due to Covid. Ended up costing about the same if I had ordered from the US due to the extra shipping charges, but it did arrive in two days from Japan.

Not a one off, same experience with Amayama recently when I ordered some parts they had listed as being available, but turns out four out of six were not, so they canceled those four parts and shipped the two parts they did have without reconfirming. Only option from Japan was Express FedEx as the Economy FedEx is not available currently due to Covid. Ended up costing about the same if I had ordered from the US due to the extra shipping charges, but it did arrive in two days from Japan.

Yeah, technically I ordered two things. They almost shipped the one and with the outrageous shipping of the one item it would have been more than buying local.

I wonder if something is up since Covid making it harder for them to supply parts, etc...I had several buying experiences prior to Covid and one back in April. All went smooth.

IDK, but it was a very frustrating experience ordering from Amayama. They would take a few days to answer a shipping question, then canceled the order when it went more than about five days, so I had to start over. I'll use one of the other companies next time I think.

IDK, but it was a very frustrating experience ordering from Amayama. They would take a few days to answer a shipping question, then canceled the order when it went more than about five days, so I had to start over. I'll use one of the other companies next time I think.

Impex is not as user friendly and they make you pay shipping after they get your order in and packaged up. But they were incredibly fast.

Amayama doesn't have 'live' inventory that's public-facing for ex-Japan stock but appears to for stuff ex-UAE. Not sure why. I've also had Amayama come back to report stuff I ordered turns out to be NLA or out of production, sometimes with notes that I can elect to wait up to a month for a part (presumably because something either triggers a re-run of production or it's located not in a 'central' warehouse but elsewhere).

Toyota Australia has (or used to have) a very massive parts warehouse in Sydney but there's no parts supplier apart from Toyota itself that appears to be able to tap into that.

Amayama doesn't have 'live' inventory that's public-facing for ex-Japan stock but appears to for stuff ex-UAE. Not sure why. I've also had Amayama come back to report stuff I ordered turns out to be NLA or out of production, sometimes with notes that I can elect to wait up to a month for a part (presumably because something either triggers a re-run of production or it's located not in a 'central' warehouse but elsewhere).

Toyota Australia has (or used to have) a very massive parts warehouse in Sydney but there's no parts supplier apart from Toyota itself that appears to be able to tap into that.

Interesting. I was not exactly sure how Amayama worked...and was especially surprised this last order when they couldn't source my part after 3 weeks, but another supplier could in a few days.

Interesting. I was not exactly sure how Amayama worked...and was especially surprised this last order when they couldn't source my part after 3 weeks, but another supplier could in a few days.

I have always wondered if those companies have totally seperate inventories or access to combined inventories but it certainly seems they are seperate inventories. The people who have direct connections to Toyota in this group could know more but I'd understand if they are bound by agreements not to reveal the truth. ;)

The Impex Japan website is strikingly similar to Amayama's. Just saying.

SNIP

I wonder if something is up since Covid making it harder for them to supply parts, etc...I had several buying experiences prior to Covid and one back in April. All went smooth.

Air freight and the postal system both depend on space that's available on airliners that normally carry lots of humans. Lots of humans aren't flying right now, making the issue of where the space comes from to fly freight and mail very unsettled. Some changes happened immediately, but now that the world looks to be in for a long haul with the virus subsequent waves of schedule reshuffling are changing the international logistics situation almost daily.

Last edited:
Recently ordered from Partsouq and Amayana. Partsouq order was processed, shipped, and received before the Amayana order arrived even though the Amayana order was a week and a half prior to Partsouq. Partsouq didn't have the items in stock.

Air freight and the postal system both depend on space that's available on airliners that normally carry lots of humans. Lots of humans aren't flying right now, making the issue of where the space comes from to fly freight and mail very unsettled. Some changes happened immediately, but now that the world looks to be in for a long haul with the virus subsequent waves of schedule reshuffling are changing the international logistics situation almost daily.

Might have to back to the old method - sea freight :cool:

I've had all the same issues you guys are mentioning with Amayama. I've bought stuff that is NLA, but they didn't cancel my full order. So I have paid crazy shipping prices for stuff I really didn't need, and wouldn't have normally bought. Also have had to wait 8 to 10 weeks for stuff to arrive. I've just bought some bits of parts SOUQ, I'll be interested to see how it compares.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom