Amayama Megazip Partsouq etc for genuine Toyota parts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Amayama has stopped shipping to Australia citing Covid as the primary reason. This sucks as they appear to have the best 'tap' into genuine Toyota parts stock.

However Megazip and Partsouq have not and I have an order going with Megazip as a write this (for a part which Amayama can't supply as it's not in stock).

How is the covid situation affecting you folks in the US and Canada for ordering stuff from these places?
I use those sites to figure out which part numbers I need and send them over to Dave at @Japan4X4 . The prices are less expensive than those sites. And dave won't BS about parts that are not available any longer. Super excellent customer service. I have even sent him shopping on Japanese ebay for me. So great to deal with.

Unless you have no alternative, avoid the sea freight. Early on in the pandemic, I ordered some stuff from a usually reliable vendor out of China. There was no air freight available, so the choice was sea freight. How bad could it be?

About three months....arrgh!
Reliable vendor from China? :rofl:

Apart from the covid-related shipping issues all seems to be good with the supply of genuine parts. The issue now is that supply of some of the OEM parts is drying up since Toyota doesn't re-produce runs of most oldstock new parts anymore.

That sucks, but it is what it is. I recently placed an order for LH and RH plastic triangle bits. They ended up sending me notice of a refund shipping out the RH part only. For the most part, partsouq has been pretty darn reliable for me and others.

What's the alternative to sourcing OEM parts? It could be a lot worse, bud.

You could order from a supplier that checks each item with Toyota. I hear tell Dave Stedman does that. You can search for his contact details on mud.

:cool:

You could order from a supplier that checks each item with Toyota. I hear tell Dave Stedman does that. You can search for his contact details on mud.

:cool:
I’ve contacted you in the past as I’ve heard great things about you. I will be in touch! Many thanks.

I have ordered from Partsouq and Amayama, and both can be hit or miss, but some things you can't fault them for. I ordered about $400 worth of parts from Amayama January 28th, and they have been sitting in customs for 6 weeks. But when they got nabbed in customs, I reordered the exact same parts but used Japan warehouses instead of UAE warehouses and the packages arrived in 5 days. I imagine the other package will eventually show up, but who knows when you deal with customs.

Ordered some from PartSouq and Amayama same day ... March 25th and got a email today ( March 29th )saying my PartSouq order was shipped and my Amayama order is still in Pending Approval stage !!! This is my 1st time dealing with Amayama since the other guys didn't have some items i needed so we are NOT starting out so good with them !! I might cancel my order and try an look at other options ?? Anyone else have a go to source ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom