Aluminum Fj40 this will be a long build thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Surfing Craigslist always ends up with me wanting or acquiring Landcruiser projects... well my plate is Full but could not pass this project up. It is a 1972 FJ40 BTB Abandoned project.
Supercharged 350 Chevrolet with Accel EFI KIT, B&M 700 r4 and 3-1 kit in t case. Lockers in axles, Warn FF KIT ON THE REAR. Will be removing the wheel spacers...Now it's in my care to get done. Realize this is how I got it... not my style but will keep the quality and theme up for a resto-mod 40..... we will see where this ends up but for now put the "kit" together with the 90% of the parts to complete already in boxes...
plans,
Assemble and get running
Paint (1981+dark blue?)
Put on 35-37 tires with walker evans bead locks or similar
Then who knows what... this will be a long time til done as I will be doing it with my 8 and 11 year old boys to teach them how to wrench.. pics of how I got it..... only change now is it's in my garage now

IMG_5429.JPG

IMG_5430.JPG

IMG_5432.JPG

IMG_5433.JPG

Great start on what looks like is going to be a really fun project. Keep us posted:popcorn:

Very nice! Someone spent big bucks getting that truck to the point its at now! Good on you! I started from a very similar point a year ago, minus the sbc. Definitely tough to assemble someone else's project, but mega worth it!

Ahmmm, free wheel hubs on the rear?

Old school Warn D60 full float kit for stock axles... don't think they made them long.

Was this really a score? haha no way someone let that go cheaply lol.

Nice starting point though

Old school Warn D60 full float kit for stock axles... don't think they made them long.
Thanks mate. Is it just so you can run a FF setup? No other purpose?

I think the newer Aqualu fenders do have factory like curve on front edge.

Interesting build. Could turn into something really nice. Before it does, I bet you could sell the side mirrors and steering wheel to some 75 year old who's trying to find the finishing touches on his deuce coupe hot rod before he dies. Oh, and you probably want to put nuts on those rear shackle bolts at some point.

Fenders will be gone(for sale soon) going to go stock, Every bolt is loose and just mocked up (i know)....Planning Dakota digital dash and 12v guy switch panel in between speedo and glove box, as for price....I could have bought 2 5K rust Buckets or this:)...

Fenders will be gone(for sale soon) going to go stock, Every bolt is loose and just mocked up (i know)....Planning Dakota digital dash and 12v guy switch panel in between speedo and glove box, as for price....I could have bought 2 5K rust Buckets or this:)...

U did damn well then! Awesome :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom