Builds Aloha from Las Vegas! 77 FJ40 Project (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’ve spent most of my free time this summer doing body and paint. Got it re-assembled this week and took it for its first test drive in Rustic Green. So far, everything works perfectly! LOTS of power, steering is tight, brakes grab hard. Runs around 195-203 in stop and go driving around the neighborhood, which is a bit cooler than the Suburban the engine came out of. Next up is to install stereo and then AC with a little help from @tornadoalleycruiser.

IMG_1166.jpeg

looks amazing. Great work.

I’ve spent most of my free time this summer doing body and paint. Got it re-assembled this week and took it for its first test drive in Rustic Green. So far, everything works perfectly! LOTS of power, steering is tight, brakes grab hard. Runs around 195-203 in stop and go driving around the neighborhood, which is a bit cooler than the Suburban the engine came out of. Next up is to install stereo and then AC with a little help from @tornadoalleycruiser.

View attachment 3412759
Really nice work!

The stars have aligned: perfect weather now in KC, I’m off for a few days, and the 40 is coming together. Been driving it all over town to shake it down. Only a few tiny issues to popped up- loose interconnect cables to the stereo amp, air cleaner popped out of the elbow and the engine computer did NOT like that. Otherwise, it’s just been way too much fun to drive!!

IMG_1201.jpeg

Great weekend of "camping" and wheeling at SMORR with the Tornado Alley Cruiser fam. Even got my bride to join me. Took the 40 on a few mild trails and it worked great. 3:1 gears in the split case with the low first gear in the H55 made it crawl nicely on the steep hills. A few things worked loose over the last 500 miles, so I've had to go back and tighten things like hood hinge screws, clutch master pushrod lock nut, etc. but I'm extremely pleased with the drivability and power.
1695162910630.png

The stars have aligned: perfect weather now in KC, I’m off for a few days, and the 40 is coming together. Been driving it all over town to shake it down. Only a few tiny issues to popped up- loose interconnect cables to the stereo amp, air cleaner popped out of the elbow and the engine computer did NOT like that. Otherwise, it’s just been way too much fun to drive!!

View attachment 3425625
man seeing this photo makes me want to get my white spoke rims back on mine! it looks awesome. nicely done

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom