ALL Accounts Security Locked (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Woody, thanks for the super fast response regarding my Email. I figured a couple days rather than a couple minutes.
All is well 👍

Woody, thanks for the super fast response regarding my Email. I figured a couple days rather than a couple minutes.
All is well 👍
A quick email search for "you have mail" (my short/sweet reply) says I've handled 30ish today. Not bad...most (including you) followed instructions perfectly and provided very easy copy/paste options for the emails :)

Funny story. I was irritated to have to reset so I tried ‘ih8passwords’ and the forum told me that password was compromised on like 489 accounts. Haha, I wasn’t alone. Needles to say I went with something else much different.

done

Not that we are aware of.

Your password on this forum should be unique. If it wasn't before, it should be now :)

Funny story. I was irritated to have to reset so I tried ‘ih8passwords’ and the forum told me that password was compromised on like 489 accounts. Haha, I wasn’t alone. Needles to say I went with something else much different.

Same. When tried to reset said password was compromised on 5 accounts. Not sure how that works, but Woody may have established something the prevents using a password that has already been compromised ie unique to mud.

Was able to update my account - only issue ran into - After clicking email link to reset password, and routing to ih8mud, there was a pop-up ad about changing a password. Almost fell for it. Guess It’s a way of telling me to spend some money and get rid of those ads!

Cheers. Appreciate the site.

Jim that was Downey Off Road contacted me via personal email to ask for some help from the black hand. I said I would post here for him.😉

Jim that was Downey Off Road contacted me via personal email to ask for some help from the black hand. I said I would post here for him.😉
The instructions in the first post have worked for 75ish users for changing emails. Over 2000 users have successfully changed their passwords.

Impressive; mine was only compromised on five...

Spend all my time in the 80s forum. Lot of unfamiliar names here. Fun to watch the lurkers and the non-80-forum guys come out to play...
:popcorn:

It sucks, but it had to be done. And likely will need to be done periodically in the future too. Keep your email address on your account up to date.

ALL 180k+ accounts on the forum need to reset their password. That includes moderators, Vendors, everyone.

You may reset your password using the email address that is associated with your account. This email addy is the ONLY identifier that proves ownership of your account. If you no longer have access to that email address due to job/life changes, then you need to use the Contact Us form and let me know the email addy that IS on the account, AND the email addy you wish your account updated to. OLD and NEW. Telling me public info like your signature line and your build thread specs won't cut it.

The "Forgot your password?" link is located immediately below the Login box in the right column of the home forum page.

Password minimums have changed. Additional info on this can be found at:

BE SURE your new password exceeds the minimums outlined in the above thread. #ih8crappypasswords

ALSO...most email services have spam filters...and forum password reset emails are notoriously marked as SPAM. You may need to search your inbox/spam/junk folders. Or...for long term happiness, add IH8MUD.com to your email whitelist.
Thanks Woody for the hard work 🍻

well, when your password is "password".... :doh:
Seriously? I guess we don't exactly think of it like our bank accounts. Or haven't until now. (I sure check it a lot more often than my bank account, because I actually want to see what it says...)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom